Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I have been playing around with my new FIX housing. Boy it is a very tight fit! I have traditionally had problems with fogging in my old system with the sony T100 and always used silica gel desiccant packets. According to the review here:
Canon S90 Fix Underwater Housing review|Underwater Photography Guide
there is space for a desiccant packet in the front inner surface. I am not seeing it . I tried to put in a small (very small) packet- there is no way! I didn't want to force the housing close either with it in.
So I was wondering if anyone who owns this housing has experience? If you do use a desiccant packet, what size and where do you put it??
Or does this system just not fog up as there is just so little air space to contain moisture?

Ok, so I have been playing around with my new FIX housing. Boy it is a very tight fit! I have traditionally had problems with fogging in my old system with the sony T100 and always used silica gel desiccant packets. According to the review here:
there is space for a desiccant packet in the front inner surface. I am not seeing it . I tried to put in a small (very small) packet- there is no way! I didn't want to force the housing close with it in either.
So I was wondering if anyone who owns this housing has experience? If you do use a desiccant packet, what size and where do you put it??:confused:
Or does this system just not fog up as there is just so little air space to contain moisture?:clapping:

there is space for a desiccant packet in the front inner surface. I am not seeing it . I tried to put in a small (very small) packet- there is no way! I didn't want to force the housing close with it in either.
So I was wondering if anyone who owns this housing has experience? If you do use a desiccant packet, what size and where do you put it??:confused:
Or does this system just not fog up as there is just so little air space to contain moisture?:clapping:

I answered your PM but for the record, at least with the FIX90 housing, there is a slot in the front, right, inner side of the housing into which a MM tube or small sachet will fit just perfect. The tubes work best because there is no worry of a corner getting between the camera and housing.

James

One year ago Dhuskins begun this thread thank to him and thank also to Nemrod who gave many relevant advice to anybody who needed it including myself .
I'm always fond of this tiny camera in this so small housing and I hope that many photographers still use their S 90 in there Fix housing !!:):):):):)

Hi everyone! Unfortunately I was robbed and lost almost all of my equipment: Canon S90 + FIX Housing + UWL-04 + 2 S2000 storbes, cables, bla, bla, bla. The good news... I have Depp insurance for all of my equipment. The bad news...Its been 3 months and they haven't paid yet. I am being optimistic that it will take time but they will pay me some time in the near future. In the meantime I bought a Canon S95 with the WP-DC38....until they pay I will not buy strobes o FIX housing again.
HOWEVER I STILL HAVE BRAND NEW FIX S90 2 ELEMENT FLIP MACRO LENS, this lens screws easly into the Fix S90 Housing. Since they will not feet the new FIX S95housing, I was wondering if anyone is interested in buying it? I paid USD239.00 at Reef Photo and it have never been used. PRICE IS USD180.00 + shipping.

Last edited:
Hi Mark! Thanks for replying so quickly! Actualy after posting my comment I decided to take a look at the RecSea S95 that you distribute and I think that the FIX S90 2 element will fit this housing... Am I right?

Hi Mark! Thanks for replying so quickly! Actualy after posting my comment I decided to take a look at the RecSea S95 that you distribute and I think that the FIX S90 2 element will fit this housing... Am I right?

Yes, it should.

N

Great! Thanks! I might consider replacing the FIXS90 housing with the RecSea S95!

yes, the 2-element definitely fits. The RecSea S95 is great, just let us know if you need one or have any more questions about it.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom