Fitness Members..Week starting May 25th 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're darn right we gotta keep it going! I've lost 20 #'s as of last weigh in from where I started originally but I've still got 10-15 to go. I weigh in Thursday. I just got back from Coz last night so i need all the motivation I can get. If theres anything I can do to help let me know. Hnladue, keep that diary going. Write down portions as well as preparation methods as well as everthing you eat or drink. Don't skip anything. Write it down immediately after you eat it and I mean IMMEDIATELY. Not to knock your doctor but find a registered dietitian and go see them. Most docs have very little nutrition education. Registered dietitians, not nutritionists, are the real nutrition experts and one should be able to figure out how many calories you need, be able to identify your possible problem areas and get you on the right track. Try your local hospital. If they don't do outpatient appts. they should be able to direct you to someone who will. Good luck. Greg

I didn't think I needed this section of ScubaBoard until I caught a profile of myself in the mirror. Is it waaaaay too late to start now? dj

Nope. Never too late to get fit and lose weight! You're added as of today. Welcome!

Thanks, now I just have to read posts to find out the rules. I'll be ready to weigh in on Tuesday.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Weekend! I had a very exciting one. We now have another member of our family. I have a new granddaughter, born Saturday, May 29th 2004, weighing in at 6 lbs 2.8 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. She is beautiful and healthy. Her mom has had a very rough pregnancy, since the week of Christmas she has been on bedrest, had to start medications in late Feb/early March to stop contractions, then in April was told she had gestational diabetes. Baby was born a month early, but the doctors had things pretty well planned for that to occur. All is well though and we are all very excited now. Her name is Mia Renee.

We kept her 18 month old brother all weekend, Colby. Saturday night he got to come to see Mia, only through the nursery window. Yesterday, we took him and he got to see her in his Mom's room. It was awesome to see them together.

My son will be bringing them both home tonight so that should be quite a scene for the four of them.

I guess my eating this past weekend has been at best kind of off track. I don't even know what I ate Saturday, that was such a long and stressed out day for me. But, I will be back on my plan now.

Gotta go and get busy getting things together for Colby to go back home. I have other things to get ready for them too.

Will be checking back later.

Hey guys, I need some weight loss vibes tonight. My goal has been at worst to break even week to week, and never to put on weight that I've already lost.

Now I've always known that eventually I'll have a week were I'll fail at that, and this may be the week. I think I'll be anywhere from +.5 to -.5lbs at weigh in tomorrow morning.

So send me some weight loss vibes, and if you feel generous send me enough to have about -2lb loss for the week. :)

Seaangel....congratulations!

The weekend got sort of messed up for me. Nothing too bad, just a couple days spent at the lake really messed up my schedule. After smelling a nearby smoker pit all day, we stopped and ate smoked ribs on the way home. Sure was good but the after effects made me doubt if they were worth it!

Official WI is tomorrow....

Dee:
The weekend got sort of messed up for me. Nothing too bad, just a couple days spent at the lake really messed up my schedule. After smelling a nearby smoker pit all day, we stopped and ate smoked ribs on the way home. Sure was good but the after effects made me doubt if they were worth it!

Official WI is tomorrow....

Congrats seangel!!!

Guess the weekend kinda caught a few of us. Not bad, just sloppy. I've also lost some motivation -- right on time at about 8 weeks! No real binge, just grazing, eating the wrong things at the wrong time.. stuff like that. Certainly not as focused as I was a month ago.

So today I am almost very good, one minor slip at lunch...ugh

Breakfast - cereal bar, 4 oz cheese
snack - banana
lunch - chicken with melted sheese, some onions, some salad
dinner - bbq chicken and green beans

exercise? hopefully pool, swim some

Chris

Well, Ive been pretty slacking on excercise. I still play a lot of tennis, but otherwise havnt been working out or running. My apt gym is still closed, which doesnt help, but otherwise Im just not motivated. Also eating a little more than usual, but not too bad. I think I need to find some more sports to participate in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom