Flood insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwrager:
State Farm also has a 0 deductible, they pay to fix it or pay you the money that you insured it for.

i just called a local State Farm agent today, who after some initial confusion, said he spoke with the general underwriter who said that they do not offer new policies for scuba gear. he made it sound like they just stopped offering this personal property policy. has anyone else had this problem? i think i'm going to try another agent, as they said they never get requests about scuba gear.

spn923:
i just called a local State Farm agent today, who after some initial confusion, said he spoke with the general underwriter who said that they do not offer new policies for scuba gear. he made it sound like they just stopped offering this personal property policy. has anyone else had this problem? i think i'm going to try another agent, as they said they never get requests about scuba gear.

Same story here, I had one agent tell me the insurance was unavalible to me unless I changed my homeowners policy over to them. No thanks
Had another agent tell me I could insure my gear, but there was no coverage for flooding on the cameras.
Perhaps one of folks who have been successful could pm me their agents phone number... hint, hint..... Perhaps I could then call my local agent back armed with some info.......

I called my agent to verify flood coverage and was told it is covered under the Personal Articles policy. My agent is in So. Cal: Michael Cohen (949)855-9677. Maybe location makes a difference in what can be covered?

DvrRick:
I called my agent to verify flood coverage and was told it is covered under the Personal Articles policy. My agent is in So. Cal: Michael Cohen (949)855-9677. Maybe location makes a difference in what can be covered?

Could be, but one wouldn't think so......... Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call.

Whatever you choose, Read The Fine Print. The most common incidents have Exclusion clauses. Most look good till you have a claim.
Dan's H20 coverage: Perils Excluded: Items lost while in your care, custody and control, In and Out of water.

DvrRick:

FYI. I called the agent today, he said there was flood coverage, as in water rising into your home. As far as covering a mechanical malfunction causing water to enter and damage a camera, it would not be covered. Ya might wanna re-check your policy.
Looks like I'll be going with DEPP.

TruckDiver:
FYI. I called the agent today, he said there was flood coverage, as in water rising into your home. As far as covering a mechanical malfunction causing water to enter and damage a camera, it would not be covered. Ya might wanna re-check your policy.
Looks like I'll be going with DEPP.

I called a State Farm agent about the personal articles policy. The rate was exactly as stated by dvrrick. I pressed the issue about what was covered and the agent said "under an all perils policy, everything is covered - no matter what". I asked about deductibles and the agent stated that the deductible was whatever you wanted it to be however the savings would be miniscule so go with a 0 deduductible. The rate I got was 1.20/hundred on camera equipment and 1.45/hundred on all other SCUBA gear so for $2000 worth of camera protection and 3000 for SCUBA gear the bill was 67.50 per year. All they require is an itemized inventory (just like DEPP).

happy diving and I hope everyone pays for insurance they never need.

I have a Oly c5060 that I drown in Belize. Thank goodness I had insurance. It took about 2 weeks but DEPP gave me a new camera. The price was good and so was the service. It would have been nice to have received cash but the DAN policy was a great deal more money.

bfuqua:
I have a Oly c5060 that I drown in Belize. Thank goodness I had insurance. It took about 2 weeks but DEPP gave me a new camera. The price was good and so was the service. It would have been nice to have received cash but the DAN policy was a great deal more money.

It sounds like DEPP and DAN are both very quick to settle claims. I don't remember seeing anything regarding State Farms turn around time on filed claims. Does anyone have experience witht them on that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom