Florida Cave advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been busy. As for what my intensions are, I am headed to Florida for a month or so in December. My instructor lives there so he is going to certify me when I get there. I spend most of my time doing wreck diving up here in Michigan(not much else to do), but I would like to be able to go over to the Bonne Terre mines and be prepared so I figured getting expierienced in cavern and cave would be a good start. I will be in the Clearwater area so the closest novice caverns would be prefered. Also I am moving to the Carolina's next year so if you know of any good sites there as well I'd like to try them out. Does'nt have to be caverns though, just wanna know whats there.
Thanks

Aquatech3:
Also I am moving to the Carolina's next year so if you know of any good sites there as well I'd like to try them out. Does'nt have to be caverns though, just wanna know whats there.
Thanks

Where in the Carolinas?
Butch

I haven't made it to the Clearwater area yet, so I can't help much other than I think most of the springs in that area are more of a cave dive than a cavern. Every cave has a cavern, but not every cavern is large enough to keep you entertained for long. You'll find most of the novice caverns around High Springs and Ocala.

The Carolina's have a lot of shore line. You'll find a lot of wrecks in N. Carolina, especially along the outerbanks. I haven't been to S. Carolina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom