Fluke instead of Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SolarStorm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
2014 LUNOCET |

Quote from Foot-Fins Allow Humans to Leap Dolphin-Like From the Water | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
The Lunocet is a hydrofoil for your feet, a kind of swishing fishtail that will propel you through the water like Aquaman.
The device clamps on to the feet, which are kept together, and when you kick, the tail flexes. Instead of just relying on your legs to push the water out of the way and thereby provide propulsion, the Lunocet acts more like an airplane wing and actually provides an airfoil-style “lift” which pushes you along.
This carbon-fiber and silicone toy is fast, too. In top gear (there are six speeds, adjustable while you swim) a strong swimmer should be able to leap from the water and clear the surface. That sounds awesome. Just how fast is it? According to the “LunoFAQS”, you can hit 8 mph. That’s almost double the speed of Michael Phelps at full tilt.

Hmmm...... well I never fear being near a shark, because I do not look like anything they would eat, now you want me to put a dolphins tail on my feet and swim like a dolphin.... no thanks I will stick to swimming like a box of rocks. now for a lake I am in, looks like great fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom