Flutter kick technique, ankle flexibility and fin stiffness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But after I finally got to dive in some Florida springs I understood: you want a shorter fin for restricted spaces and swimming on a line with a buddy.

Odd comment for someone with no cave diving certs listed.

Odd comment for someone with no cave diving certs listed.
Are all springs in Florida caves ?

Maybe some are caverns or long swim throughs. When I dove a few cenotes in Mexico, scuba divers were allowed in cenotes that had natural light visible at all times. I used my Apollo split fins doing frog and modified flutter kicks. If I was going to do that type of diving regularly I would buy stiff paddle fins for frog kicking.

Are all springs in Florida caves ?

Maybe some are caverns or long swim throughs. When I dove a few cenotes in Mexico, scuba divers were allowed in cenotes that had natural light visible at all times.

Well, reference was made to restricted spaces and following a line, so it sounds like a cave to me. I've never heard of open water divers being taken into on guided cavern dives in Florida like they are in Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom