Flying with dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDunbar once bubbled...
If I was a pretty as you are, Melanie, they probably wouldn't have charged me either.............. Hope you're getting free upgrades to 1st class too!

Todd

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!

But, thank you.:)

dandydon once bubbled...

Knives are okay in checked bags, but NOT IN CARRY-ON. You knew that, but people forget, then lose the knives. I always clean my nails at the airport, then put my pocket knife in the checked bags at the last minute.

I know of someone first hand that I traveled with this past week and arrived at our destination with a small folding knife (it had a corkscrew, nail file, etc also) in his carry on...Purely accidental on his part, and the darn thing was still in the box...never used.

Didn't find it until well after we landed in DC when he was looking for something else...

Oh well....

LOL, your friend wasn't the same guy who mailed himself home by airfreight, was he?

Todd

scubasean once bubbled...

I know of someone first hand that I traveled with this past week and arrived at our destination with a small folding knife (it had a corkscrew, nail file, etc also) in his carry on...Purely accidental on his part, and the darn thing was still in the box...never used.

Didn't find it until well after we landed in DC when he was looking for something else...

Oh well....

Good way to get arrested, open an FBI file on yourself, etc. Looks like your $10 fees for better screening failed, huh? :loopy:

I was in Las Vegas last July (big mistake) and I saw a rag-head of some sort (not Muslim) get caught at screening with a six inch knife concealed in an animals horn. Probably an important heirloom he was taking to family or friends; poor sap.

don

After buying all my own gear, I looked for the cheapest bad to put it in. I did not see the necessity to pay alot more for a scuba bag.

I bought a rolling suitcase/duffelbag/backpack at Costco for $49.00.

Not only is there no way to identify the bag as containing scuba gear, there is a great return policy if anything goes wrong with it.

Now, I can bring my gear with me anywhere I go...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom