For people who need to switch back and forth between wetsuits and drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this idea. I might even try it if it doesn't get to much thoughtful criticism here (not enough a a problem for me to rush into it).

What are peoples opinions of the plastic clips he uses for the shoulder and crotch straps?

If it’s that much trouble to move a couple of D-rings, especially after marking their positions, just set up separate plates for wet and dry suits, neither of which have plastic clips on them.

I have one set up for diving locally in freshwater in drysuit and I generally rent whatever for diving in vacation in warm salt water with or without a 3 mm wetsuit.

Has anyone actually bought one of these? I have one single tank setup for both my dry suit and wetsuit. I just adjust the harness. I don't see this as a valuable option

Although I think I like it, you could wear your man bag cruising all around
the Eiffel tower Statue of liberty Big Ben, even the Sydney Harbour Bridge
I wear mine around the back

I dont even want adjustable harnesses.

I went through heck to get my trim, and fit, perfect. I dont want my straps to move again, ever. I use a toothed keeper on the back of my plate so they never will.

I thought shoulder straps didn't matter as much? Just tighten the waist strap and deal with a little more room?

Idk, ivenever felt the need to adjust anything but the waist strap.. being horizontal I can't really feel the extra room.. is that different for other people?

I have another plate, too lazy to set it up guess..

Edit: also need to add I can't remember the last time I dove wet and maybe my memory is shot🤷‍♂️

And the need for a stainless backplate in cold water with an ali backplate if travelling or warm water...

It's so hard to get two backplates and harnesses... Not.

Back
Top Bottom