force fin care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orange_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey bob / other FF experts...

picked up my first pair of force fins (used) and being a turtle-fin-tech-diver i'm excited to try them out on an upcoming trip to cozumel. i wanted something smaller and lighter and instead of slipstreams thought i'd give these a go.

i noticed the rubber along the top of the foot pocket is cracking, is there anything i can put on them to help stop this? these are the black originals. i have no idea how old they are but they are in good shape otherwise.

thx much,

Ari

Ari, help, they must be real old. The Poly-urethane we use holds up very well with time. Do your Force Fin's have a lion logo? on the fin blade, or the Name Force Fin on the foot cap. Not much you can do about cracking, must have been sitting in the sun for years. Hope they are the right fit and the Pro Model, since we want you to be happy. Thanks and hope I answered your questions. Best, Bob

thx for the quick reply bob.

they have a lion logo on the blade. nothing on the foot cap. i have no idea if they are the pro model or not!

im going to try the silicone spray i use on my drysuit seals -- ive definitely managed to extend the life of those much longer.

i'm glad you want me to be happy, thats great considering i bought these 2nd hand...

regarding sizing, i will try them on with my booties in a couple hrs...

A.

Last edited:
Orange diver, I will be in Los Angeles tomorrow checking on my Dad. The Lion Logo on the blade means it's a later model made in the late 80's if it is showing the type of wearing you noticed. If the Force Fin label say's pro great, if not you have a Original Force Fin. Blair Mott will be in charge tomorrow to answer your questions Best Bob

thx bob. btw they fit my size 11 booties like a charm. and for 20 yrs old they look pretty great. if you have time in LA tomorrow to get together for a minute i'll show them to you.

I would not recommend putting any solvent based chemicals on your FF. Force Fins are made from polyurethane not rubber. Silicon has some solvent bases in it that can further degrade the polyurethane.

I think Bob has gone to improved the formulas for the material, as the fins that I have gotten in the last 5 years seem to be even better than my first pair that's about 12 years old now, they aren't even showing scratches of normal use that took only a handful of dives on my older fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom