Forgive Me.....I Forgot!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
Ive been puting my mask on the forehead for thirty years never lost one

Thats cool, nice forehead awareness then! :wink:

I've lost one of my own, and searched for several lost off others foreheads.

To each his/her own but when i take mine off it gets put in a pocket or otherwise securely attached to my rig. And it comes off after most dives so proper (sorry to be gross but its true) snot remediation can occur prior to exit.

One thing i know for sure, having a boog hanging on your face after a dive is most definately not cool! :54:

Like my fins, if I am near the water, it gets looped over my arm and up past my elbow.

Doc, are you talking about your mask, or your "boog", as gedunk fondly calls 'em...:54:

NO TROLL but sometimes I think DMs use this mask thing as a show of power and its a easy thing to spot. A couple of years ago I was diving from a charter boat for the first time, as I put one foot forward for the giant stride the other foot slid sideways under me. So as not to hit the swim platform I put my weight forward and roled sideways, BIG splash when I hit the water. As I surfaced I gave the ok sign so the DM would know I was ok only to see his back as he walked into the boat saying nice entry. A few months later after many dives from this boat he attempted to chew me out for having the mask on my forehead whilest talking to others at the ladder waiting to get out. sign of distress he said.

Echoing NetDoc's comments, if you have a properly fitting mask, then keeping it in place on your face shouldn't be uncomfortable.

OTOH, I've gotten lots of weird looks by having my mask already on before the boat even gets to the dive site. It's a prescription mask, and fairly early in the gearing up process I drop my eyeglasses into the mask box and put the mask on my face.

Other divers can put their mask wherever they want. I'll bet though, that a lot of those same guys that get uptight about masks on foreheads think that using a snorkel while getting back on a boat is a good idea.

I remember a guy that had his mask on his forehead at around 30' in Coz.

Dee and I were diving together on a night dive when a Plethora of idiots just blasted through our group kicking everything in site. Including me. The same idiot kicked me several times which I don't take much of.

So to assist him with some dive etiquette I gently placed his mask on his forehead. Next step was airmail. I don't think they ever got a clue. But there is a time when a mask on a forehead is proper.

Gary D.

I have to get in on this one -Walter I turn my mask around backwards but I have NO hair so no oil so no problem- But whoever cracked the bald joke look out. I am glad to see Mike F chime in with some humour. Beer fines, wow, kind of forgot about those. Can we still do that?? I've kind of become a bit of a wine snob, can I hit 'em with wine fines??!! Mask on frontwards, backwards, around the neck, over the wrist, in the pocket-who gives a *%#t
Put it on your forhead as a sign of a diver having a problem, we're kicking this around!! If someone put's there mask on their forhead it MIGHT mean the're having a problem, but I'm looking for a little more than that before I'm going to start getting interested, I'm with Walter. As far as somebody putting it there to GIVE a signal that they need help-"that ain't ever happening" Let's see --I feeling like I'm drowning and my world 's getting real small so what did that instructor tell me Oh yea put my mask on my forhead and everybody's coming to save me, yea right. As far as loosing it if it's on your forhead, yea that's happened, I've also seen them donated to the sea when clipped off the BC, slipped over the wrist, etc. I give my students the whole pitch and after that I don't worry where they keep their mask. I do carry several spares and a credit card imprinter though, is that OK

I don't have to "look out" the glare off of your chrome dome gives me fair warning you're a coming! :D

I can't believe it! You fired one across my bow and we've never met, Wow! O.K. I'll let that one slide but if you keep it up I'm going to want to see stats. Height, weight, waist size, I.Q., bra size (if you need one), portfolio value, or a personal financial and an interview with your SO. LOL- where do you where you mask when you're panicking?-Dive Safe-Dive Alot-M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom