Fort Lauderdale Mini-Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is NOT correct, they all walked to the Keys.

Raphael reported seeing a ton at Ginnie Springs last weekend; everyone should spend mini season up north...

Raphael reported seeing a ton at Ginnie Springs last weekend; everyone should spend mini season up north...

Now THIS sounds like a GREAT idea!!

At least in Broward county, when the other boaters are screaming and waving guns, you can understand what they are saying. In Mijami-Dade, when they're screaming and waving guns, a lot of gringos don't grasp the meaning of "Mata lo ..." until it's too late.

:rofl3::popcorn:

Harbortown Marina in Dania has a couple of boat ramps open 24/7.

But don't waste your time. The bugs have all walked to Bimini. Nothing to see here folks, move along now.

Tim, your new av is HOT! :lotsalove:

Umm, that's a 2 year old news story.

People die every year during mini-season. Tragic, but true.

Everybody, BE CAREFUL!!!!

Someone should post a death count thread.

I'm only half joking about this. Maybe it would help people understand how dangerous inexperience and / or negligence can be.

It so happens I am off this year for mini season. I am going to drive over to the boat ramps and take my digital camera. I will show you Fort Pierce Losters. You do not sneak up and catch them with a gloved hand. You swim up and throw down the gaunlut for the underwater UFC fight! The normal large size is 12# and 15 3/4# won the prize money last year. Very often pictures of the Aluminum 80 covered tank valve to bottom with a loster if seen hanging in the shops.

Monsters I tell ya. The standard dive here is 5' vis from the beach though.. 30' is a AWESOME MUST dive day.

You all have a good Mini-Season! I think if you get outside of the Keys, things calm down a bit, but I have little first hand experience. Kevin said the diving out of Boynton is none too difficult even if most boats maybe full....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom