Fossil Experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Yesterday I found a bone at Venice. I have no idea what it is?

The white part was pink (cartilage???). Also what do the fossil hounds clean with? I was told to use water, and just a little bleach to clean. The bone is about 2 1/2 inches wide, and 10 inches long.

P1030665.jpg

P1030666.jpg

Thanks!!! :)

Use water and white vinegar, not bleach! I like to use about a 10% vinegar solution and soak overnite. The bone you have looks to be a lower leg bone...not sure from what. Horse perhaps. There are other fossil experts that I'm sure can help with ID.

Check with Fossilbabe. She works for aristokat and knows a lot about fossils.

Of course if the photos were posted on ScubaBoard where everyone could actually see them, you might have a beeter chance of finding someone who can ID your finds. I hate photo bucket.

I can see the pictures on scubaboard.

Some places of employment block Photo Bucket. I can't see the pictures right now either since they are not in the Scubaboard gallery, I simply get the red X of death. I can see them when I'm at home.
Ber :lilbunny:

I can see the pictures on scubaboard.

I can also see pictures when they're posted on ScubaBoard. These weren't posted on ScubaBoard, they were posted on Photo Bucket. Photos posted on Photo Bucket I can't see.

Thanks for the clearification. I wasn't aware there was a problem seeing the pictures .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom