French diver - planning my start in the Padi Pro world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

I got into diving a bit more seriously for the past 3 years (just some unlogged leisure dives before that).
Over this period I have logged 40 dives in both cold (yes I live in fresh north east of France) and warmer waters.
Got a CMAS 2 stars and Simple Nitrox certifications which allowed me to experience quite a few 40 meters deep dives and some good experience with multiple dives a day.

Well, after all of this I am more hooked on diving than ever and this is becoming a life changer.
Tired of my office job, and with no more strings attached back home, I am looking into getting in the Padi pro world. Divemaster and IDC to start with, still looking out for the best place and way to do this.
So I will be reading and posting around here to find information, ask questions and get started!

Oh, and I am also an experienced photographer and videographer above the surface, so I am looking into translating these skills underwater.

Cheers and talk to you soon!
Nicos

Last edited:
First lesson would be to learn to spell PADI correctly :)
Just edited my post... Spent too much time in Ireland, so it initially said Paddy...

Rainbow Reef here in the Florida Keys is a perennial favorite. Their intern program will give you lots of experience with students and divers in a real world diving environment. You can contact @Capt Jim Wyatt or @mselenaous for more information.

BTW, one of the funniest puns is the big bus from Georgia that's named the "PADI Wagaon". :D :D :D I can see how 'auto cowrecked' can screw you up on that.

Bienvenue Nicos, it really is a wonderful thing if you can make a living from the things you love...
There's a lot of intern programs worldwide, a bit of a search here will give you some ideas.

There's even a special sub-forum for this at
Going Pro

Don't let the pessimists scare you off, just be realistic about your goals and expectations and I'm sure you will have a lovely and rewarding career in diving!

Bon chance, mon ami!

Merci!
I already have a few destinations shortlisted and I am really looking forward to exchange with the community here to help narrow it down and start packing my gear!

@NetDoc Thanks for the tip. But for a few different reasons, I don't think the US will be a good fit for me to get started

Hello Nicos!

I feel identified with your feelings, it happen exactly the same to me :-D

If you consider to become a pro in Canary Islands just please contact me. We can do it in French :-D

Check it out: Scuba Legends - Scuba Diving Gran Canaria - Become a PADI Professional

Anyway if you have questions i would be more than happy to help you. Just contact me :- D

Happy Bubbles

Gery

Hello Nicos!

I feel identified with your feelings, it happen exactly the same to me :-D

If you consider to become a pro in Canary Islands just please contact me. We can do it in French :-D

Check it out: Scuba Legends - Scuba Diving Gran Canaria - Become a PADI Professional

Anyway if you have questions i would be more than happy to help you. Just contact me :- D

Happy Bubbles

Gery

Thank you Geri!
So what is it that brought you to the Canary islands?
I was in Lanzarote last year just did 2 dives as I was travelling with a non diver friend but I got to see the Museo Atlantico, quite an interesting experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom