Fresh ammo for the bp/wings debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Because he's my friend, not yours? Because he knows I'm right and you're wrong? Because he thinks you look very silly in that little rubber beanie? I dunno, why do you think it is?

As to who I trained with, that info is common knowledge. Its been said that it never hurts to learn from one's enemy though. I see, from the quoted portions in Matt's post (it seems one of our friendly moderators pulled yours, along with one of mine apparently) that you're making your own little attempts at a personal attack. You need more practice, or maybe better training.

I never even noticed you until that cute thread about "doing it left". That really impressed me. From there I checked your profile and found the beanie. What can I say? I was just inspired from that point on. When you tossed yourself in with 446 it was too much to resist.

Don't take this, or yourself, so seriously. Go dive a reef or something, keep it shallow though :)

WW

Gloves:

You guys are all wrong. The reason I am getting such a rise out of the group is they are all well aware that gloves have been banned in Coz, Bonaire, and other locations, and they don't like it one bit. To find a respected author in a respected publication supporting that position must be even more distressing to the crowd around here. Of course, around here nothing is respected if you don't agree with it. I find the degree of dismissiveness around here to be really disgusting and I challenge any of you to show that your credentials are better than Alex Brylske.

Anyone that thinks he needs gloves on a WWW dive is insecure.

I don't care who you trained with WW. Even if it is someone I respect, none of what ever that trainer had rubbed off on you.

Actually you noticed me a long time before the DIL thread, with the same ambush tactic of making a personal attack as your first entry into a debate. You must take everything you don't agree with personally to feel so compelled to do that.

I like my beanie, I know it is in the picture in my profile and I invite everyone on this board to have a peek.

The most interesting marine life is in shallow water. The light is brighter, the colors more vibrant, and an 80 lasts until lunchtime. Perhaps you have become so tied up in the deeper is better thing that you can no longer enjoy a WWW dive.

I don't take you seriously, but I thought I would dash this off while the coffee is filtering. Its from my last trip to Honduras and is no doubt better than the bilge water you must be drinking.

PS Don't take this seriously, go dive a wreck, deep:D

In an attempt to get back on topic....

After looking at Sejay's math I am trying to do some of my own.

Wear a 3 mil full in salt water (and a beanie). The TPII is neutral when completely wet. All that and an AL 80 and I need 9#.

If I switched to an E7-100 that would drop about 5 or 6 pounds. A SS backplate (just theoretical), another 5 or 6. Gees, I would be 1 or 2 pounds negative, at best.

Something like 17# negative at depth with a BC failure.

This thread has a mind of it's own.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste....

or for you Dan Quayle fans:

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.
-- Vice President Dan Quayle winning friends while
speaking to the United Negro College Fund

AaronBBrown once bubbled...

Were you posting this just for amusement factor or do you have a point about Tom's book?

Amusement factor.

So far as I know Tom is for real. The nom de plume appears to be a coincidence that Tom discovered and utilized for its entertainment value. Perhaps he can fill us in.

leadweight once bubbled...

The nom de plume appears to be a coincidence that Tom discovered and utilized for its entertainment value. Perhaps he can fill us in.

did you perhaps surmise that...get this...some people actually have the same names on our planet?

Again to the point I made on the gloves thread...you are all over the map in your "debate style". I can't follow you at all anymore.

What started out as a really interesting thread (well done Seajay and Walter) seems to have descended into name-calling and insults.

What’s the matter Wreckwritter (and other cronies) ?

Why have you got to take everything Leadweight says so personally ?

If you actually read his early posts on any subject (instead of jumped to conclusions) you would see that he is not anti BP, he merely points out (quite rightly) that while a BP will do almost any job you want it too it is not optimal for all jobs.

We might all learn something if you stuck to intelligent argument instead of personal insults. Get a life, get a brain or grow up please.

Ian

Still waiting to see the list of your titles in the Library of Congress leadweight. Surely you have some, being a wordsmith and all, right?

You found the info about the guy whose name I share. Good job. If you read up on him he had a pretty cool life, did lots of great things. Why don't you offer up your name so we can do some research on you?

And now we have Ian, a brand newbie board member, likely a brand newbie diver too, inserting himself into someone else's business. Ian, I really don't care what you think or what you want, really I don't. When you have something to contribute, feel free. <deleted>

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom