From cold waters of Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nemo-5

New
Reaction score
Just a quick hi from Finnish cold waters. I got my PADI OWD last weekend. In 9 meters the water was +10C :)

But fortunately next week I'll be diving in Spain and on September in Cook Islands and Tonga. The visibility and temperatures should get better... :)

nemo-5:
Just a quick hi from Finnish cold waters. I got my PADI OWD last weekend. In 9 meters the water was +10C :)

But fortunately next week I'll be diving in Spain and on September in Cook Islands and Tonga. The visibility and temperatures should get better... :)

OK! That sounds nice! Cook and Tonga, that is... I had a dive today in Stockholm, Sweden, and it was +19C, but I had my dry suit, so it was almost to warm.

I have a Finnish Ursuit Heavy Light dry suit! Great stuff!

Good luck with your diving, and keep it up!

Hey everybody I found Nemo! :D welcome aboard.
David

nemo-5:

Hi,

My name is André and I live on the East Coast of Canada (Province of New Brunswick). I was out in the Bay of Fundy last Saturday and water was 11C/53F.

How is diving in Finland? Do you dive mostly wrecks? Do you dive from the shore? How is the marine life?

-André in Fredericton

Except I'm not there now. I'm on Utila Island Honduras this week, enjoying a great dive trip, but wanted to log on long enough to welcome new members. Two of our DMs are from Norway and Holland.

Glad you're with us here...

don :cowboy:

andre14:
Hi,

My name is André and I live on the East Coast of Canada (Province of New Brunswick). I was out in the Bay of Fundy last Saturday and water was 11C/53F.

How is diving in Finland? Do you dive mostly wrecks? Do you dive from the shore? How is the marine life?

-André in Fredericton

Diving in Finland is.... err... different :) Visibility is usually around 2-6m and waters are cold. Now in the middle of the summer water below 10m is allways under 10C. During the winter if you want to dive, it's ice diving. :) Most of the diving is done on wrecks because there's not that much to see. We also have few thousand island scattered around our coastal line and that helps a bit with the wrecks :) Dives are done from shore or from boat.

Come and try but take your drysuit with you :)

nemo-5:
Diving in Finland is.... err... different :) Visibility is usually around 2-6m and waters are cold. Now in the middle of the summer water below 10m is allways under 10C. During the winter if you want to dive, it's ice diving. :) Most of the diving is done on wrecks because there's not that much to see. We also have few thousand island scattered around our coastal line and that helps a bit with the wrecks :) Dives are done from shore or from boat.

Come and try but take your drysuit with you :)

Thanks for the infos. A drysuit is part of most Canadian divers gear. I'd be curious to see how different or similar diving in Finland is compared to what we have in Canada.

-André in Fredericton

Back
Top Bottom