Frustrations trying to gain experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thursday afternoon we will pack a van full of industrial helium and O2 cylinders, all our tanks, and all other related gear. We will leave in the late afternoon, braving the Denver rush hour, and hope to arrive in our motel in Santa Rosa, NM by midnight. The next morning we will go out to a sink hole about 400 feet across and nearly 300 feet deep. There are no facilities whatsoever there--we will be in the open air on a prairie near the Pecos River. We will dive for three days and hopefully leave early Sunday afternoon, arriving back in Boulder about 10:30. On our last trip, we got back at 2:30 AM Monday morning.

That's about the best we can do this time of the year. In the summer we have a couple low viz options in the 20-35 foot depth range. How does that sound?

Frustrating.

I don't think there is any viz at any of these lakes near me. But I do have Bonne Terre within 5 hours of me. I will be going there in Jan.

Thursday afternoon we will pack a van full of industrial helium and O2 cylinders, all our tanks, and all other related gear. We will leave in the late afternoon, braving the Denver rush hour, and hope to arrive in our motel in Santa Rosa, NM by midnight. The next morning we will go out to a sink hole about 400 feet across and nearly 300 feet deep. There are no facilities whatsoever there--we will be in the open air on a prairie near the Pecos River. We will dive for three days and hopefully leave early Sunday afternoon, arriving back in Boulder about 10:30. On our last trip, we got back at 2:30 AM Monday morning.

That's about the best we can do this time of the year. In the summer we have a couple low viz options in the 20-35 foot depth range. How does that sound?

... sounds like you need to hop on an airplane and fly out to Seattle once in a while ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Amazingly enough, Colorado has among the highest number of certified divers per capita of any state in the union, and we really have no decent places to dive whatsoever.
:gans:

Everyone knows that Colorado annexed Coz a long time ago!!! :D
(Mark your calendar for June 12-19)​

Rock Lake?

shenanigans.jpg

Frustrating.

I don't think there is any viz at any of these lakes near me. But I do have Bonne Terre within 5 hours of me. I will be going there in Jan.

Well please let me know how that goes. I would like to dive there.

K

Tammy,

Just to throw another hat in the ring...

I'm full cave with a bunch of dives under my belt, but I took a 2-year break. I'm ready to get back into it, albeit somewhat easy at first (ie: ginnie, peacock, LR, Madison, etc.)

I'm planning early Jan as my re-entry time (mainly because that is when I'm picking up my new gear) so if your friends back out, I can show you some great spots to dive.

Let me know.
Rick

Tammy,

Just to throw another hat in the ring...

I'm full cave with a bunch of dives under my belt, but I took a 2-year break. I'm ready to get back into it, albeit somewhat easy at first (ie: ginnie, peacock, LR, Madison, etc.)

I'm planning early Jan as my re-entry time (mainly because that is when I'm picking up my new gear) so if your friends back out, I can show you some great spots to dive.

Let me know.
Rick

I will have to see. I've given my buddies here this next week to give me a final Yea/ Nay. If they come, we'll probably do the Peacock/ Little River/ Ginnie Springs thing. If they do not come down, I'm seriously considering spending the 8 & 9 assisting another OW Instructor form our shop with some students (some from a recent class I did), then try to catch some dives for a few days afterwards, before heading back home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom