FS Aqualung Legend LX acd supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunatley no; like I said my mistake was assuming the seller was trustworthy.

As I'm sure most of you know there is a fairly substantial difference between the base and lx supreme versions of the legend in both features and price. MRTZ sold me this reg as the top of the line and sent the bottom of the line. I'm not sure if he just counted on me not knowing the difference or what be he would be wrong. I would appreciate any feedback from everyone. Thanks.

I think there is about $100 difference in original new price between the Legend and Legend LX. To change to the Supreme model, is about another $15 bucks initial price.

That's a big difference in models considering the difference in Aqualung's pricing...

Reg006.jpg

Reg001.jpg

Reg002.jpg

Reg007.jpg

Last edited:
It's pretty clear that you did not get what you paid for. Should you have asked for pictures? Yes. Should you have insisted on Paypal so that you'd have recourse? Yes.

However, you're only mistake was being naive and trusting. You've been hosed by a dishonest seller. There's not way that MRTZ did not know what he was doing. He clearly misrepresented what he was selling and then made sure the funds were exchanged in a way that could not be challenged.

Absolutely despicable.

MRTZ ... What's your excuse now?

All. Below is some documentation, including pictures of the differences in a AL Legend and an Aqualung Legend LX and Aqualung Legend LX Supreme.

That's NOT an Aqualung Legend LX (as advertised) in the above pic.

the Legend LX has an adjustment knob that sticks out past the venturi lever

like this (see below pic)

Reference pic of REAL Aqualung Legend LX (non Supreme model).
RG_129250-2T.jpg

That's not the "Supreme" also. The Legend LX "Supreme" has the adjustment knob as noted above and the "Siver Pimp Ring" on the front of it and not the gold ring. (see below pic. Note the Supreme also has a snowflake on the 2nd stage housing also. Another way you can ID it if the "pimp ring" has been changed. The supreme also comes with the removable "lip guard". (this is commonly removed and would not expect it to be in the pic unless it was included).

Reference pic of REAL Aqualung Legend LX Supreme.
legend_sup_LX_nitrox.jpg

Also, the Legend LX uses housing with AL part number 129155 and the Legend LX Supreme uses AL part number 129185. (the only real difference being the part number and the "snowflake" molded in the plastic at manufacturing time).

From the other pics, the 2nd stage octo looks beat up a little and the evidence of the corrosion on the threads is seen also. Dove only 9 times? not well maintained.

If it was just recently serviced then they should have put the threads in a hypersonic cleaner and gotten that corrosion off in my opinion. Did the seller provide receipt of maintenace done at a shop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom