FS Aqualung Legend LX acd supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry mike; what do you mean by a "snow flake"??

zransom states he got legend, looking at his pic it appears he got legend lx. is that correct mike

No... he got a Legend.

sorry mike; what do you mean by a "snow flake"??

Aqualung etches a little "snowflake" on the 2nd stage housing of the Legend LX Supreme. (on part number 129185).

That way you can tell if it's a "real" supreme or just one that someone changed the front silver ring, which is easily removable.

When it comes down to it, they are the same exact regulator with just a snowflake, the lipguard, the silver "pimp ring" and the intermediate pressure is set down to about 135psi to reduce free flowing in colder water on the 2007 models.. But they are sold as different products and Aqualung charges about $15 bucks (US) more for the Supreme.

But to get the LX model, with the adjustable flow valve, it is about an additional $100 bucks.

Here is a reference link to the Legend LX on Aqualung's website. They even reference the snowflake
http://www.aqualung.co.uk/products/legend_lx_supreme.html

I just note this because the Supreme LX is what was advertised to the seller in the title of this thread and it doesn't appear that is what he got and I was simply pointing out the differences to others who are reading this thread. It's pretty clear by the pictures to me that it's not what was advertised... Otherwise I'm not involved in this purchase.

Last edited:
like Mike said: adjust the IP=135psi; Voila! you got the supreme minus the cosmeticts :)

so he got the legend lx. can you upgrade his to a supreme ?????

Wrong. He got the bottom of the line Legend. The base Legend isn't any better than the Legend Octo. Same reg, different cover. The Legend LX has the inhalation adjustment knob.

MRTZ's listing references the top of the line Legend LX Supreme. Instead he sent the bottom-of-the-line Legend. Anyone who has ever owned a Legend clearly knows the difference.

Bait and switch ... pure and simple.

Mike BTW; the snow flake is etched on the 1st stage not the 2nd (look at the link you posted); also, on the right hand side column, the say that the 2nd stage has a GOLD ring not silver (even though the picture is with a silver one)

so he got the legend lx.

no, no, no... :no: :shakehead:

the AL Legend LX Supreme was advertised.... what was sent was a regular AL Legend.

Not the LX, not the Supreme.

Like someone else said... bait and switch.

can you upgrade his to a supreme ?????

Well the upgrade is minimal for the Supreme.... just mostly cosmetic.

but to Upgrade to the LX, all kinds of parts would have to be special ordered by an Authorized AL dealer, then bench labor to install. I'm guessing it would cost way more than the $100 difference between the two regs initial cost.

To upgrade to LX, you'd have to add all the parts to do with the Flow adjustment. (shown on the right side of this diagram of the Legend LX 2nd stage diagram

AL-Legend-LX-parts-diagram.jpg

like Mike said: adjust the IP=135psi; Voila! you got the supreme minus the cosmeticts :)

Exactly.

Except I did it the other way around. I bought the LX Supreme and changed my IP to about 150pi. I only bought the Supreme because I liked the silver ring better. :D

Mike BTW; the snow flake is etched on the 1st stage not the 2nd (look at the link you posted); also, on the right hand side column, the say that the 2nd stage has a GOLD ring not silver (even though the picture is with a silver one)

The one I've got, the snow flake is on the 2nd stage. They even have different part numbers for the 2nd stages because of that. (part numbers I referenced above).

You're right though... they did goof and put "gold" in their description on the right column.

That was from the UK page. They've updated their page on the US site.

Legend LX ACD

BTW.... I think starting in 2008, they all come with Silver Rings, regardless of if they are Supreme or "regular".

Last edited:
Mike BTW; the snow flake is etched on the 1st stage not the 2nd (look at the link you posted);

I don't see the snowflake on the first stage in the link referenced above that you are talking about.... I've never seen it on the first stage. However, no-one can keep up with everything and they might have changed at some point.

But here is a pic of the Legend LX Supreme 2nd stage with the snowflake on it for verification purposes.

It's on the top of the reg and is hard to see from this angle. I circled these pics in Red to make ID easier.

LegendLX_Supreme_5001.jpg

LegendLX_Supreme_5001-2.jpg

just open the link you posted (1st one) and search the page for "snow" you'll find it in the 1st stage section of the page.

just open the link you posted (1st one) and search the page for "snow" you'll find it in the 1st stage section of the page.

ok... see that now .... I thought you meant on the pic.

they have that mis labeled now just like they do with the gold ring... or they put it on the first stage now in addition to the second stage. But as you can see in my above pics, it's at least on the 2nd stage.

good catch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom