Full foot fin - volo race vs. aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakamin

Reaction score
About to pick up a new pair of fins to be used in warm water only. Was thinking about going with the mares or aeris. Mares was not covered in the last Rhodales article. Any experience/advice?

Thanks,

Rich

I dive with the aeris velocity with my drysuit and i like them but the kicking effort is probably more thant the hinged mares volo, the volo's do cost twice as much don't they?

I bought the Aeris Velocity full-foot fins last year and could not be more happy with my decision. I heard many people comment on how easy they were to use yet how much propulsion you got in return. Well, these folks were right! It's almost effortless moving my legs around yet the fins really push you forward. Scissor kicks, frog kicks -- these fins respond well to a multitude of motions.

After using my new Aeris fins, I put my old Mares Plana Avanti fins on for a night dive. I was appalled at how lousy the Mares fins worked in comparison. It was like going from an old car to a new sportscar and then back again. You never know how bad your old car is until you drive it after driving the new car.

And the Aeris fins are cheap. Like <$50. You can't go wrong in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom