fundies for experienced diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc:
OK, getting my rig together and I need some advice from cold water folks. What is the best way to don the harness when wearing a shell drysuit with dry glove cuffs? I am really going to miss my shoulder fastex buckle if I can't get it sorted out.
Face rig..
If Drysuit hose is on backgas, Attach Drysuit hose
stick left arm in left side past cuff rings(over the drysuit hose if it was attached.)
stick right arm in (past cuff rings)
Drop your body down, stick arms up in the air and stand up.
Minor adjustments to webbing and you are good to go.

The gottcha is always the drysuit exhast valve.

I do as Jeff - left arm first because of the drysuit exhaust valve.
To remove, I chicken wing my left arm and get it out first.

JeffG:
Face rig..
If Drysuit hose is on backgas, Attach Drysuit hose
stick left arm in left side past cuff rings(over the drysuit hose if it was attached.)
stick right arm in (past cuff rings)
Drop your body down, stick arms up in the air and stand up.
Minor adjustments to webbing and you are good to go.

The gottcha is always the drysuit exhast valve.

I am trying to visualize this. I assume your drysuit hose comes under your left arm? Mine generally goes under my right but I am keeping an open mind about any changes I need to do.

Same method as Jeff & Jason, except getting out I chicken-wing the right arm first so as to not have to deal with the drysuit inflator hose getting in the way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jason B:
I do as Jeff - left arm first because of the drysuit exhaust valve.
To remove, I chicken wing my left arm and get it out first.
You don't have to dislocate your shoulder or anything do you :D

NWGratefulDiver:
Skills practice is good ... just remember to have fun too. I came out of my first Fundies class so wrapped around the axle over my poor performance that I was determined to work on skills ... and realized after a few dives that I had stopped having fun. I've seen other recent Fundies grads go through the same symptoms. It's a trap. By all means practice, but also make it a point to just relax and have fun ... you'll improve faster that way.

Reverse is a hoot, ain't it ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Princess always has fun!!! :D

While reverse is a hoot my favorite is still upside down. :wink: Shhhhhh, don't tell my dive buddy, he's really not impressed with it as a skill set. :no (But I find it positively de-lite-full!!!) :lol2:

wedivebc:
I am trying to visualize this. I assume your drysuit hose comes under your left arm? Mine generally goes under my right but I am keeping an open mind about any changes I need to do.
Yes, mine goes under the left arm.

NWGratefulDiver:
Same method as Jeff & Jason, except getting out I chicken-wing the right arm first so as to not have to deal with the drysuit inflator hose getting in the way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
When I get out, I just unhook everything...stick my arms up in the air and drop down. (and maybe wiggle a bit)

If its my singles rig, I can do it standing up and chicken wing out, manhandling the rig/tank around and end up with my rig hanging off my left arm.

pennypue:
Princess always has fun!!! :D

While reverse is a hoot my favorite is still upside down. :wink: Shhhhhh, don't tell my dive buddy, he's really not impressed with it as a skill set. :no (But I find it positively de-lite-full!!!) :lol2:

Oh good grief :11: ... heaven help me ... err.. I mean, your dive buddy. :11doh:

wedivebc:
OK, getting my rig together and I need some advice from cold water folks. What is the best way to don the harness when wearing a shell drysuit with dry glove cuffs? I am really going to miss my shoulder fastex buckle if I can't get it sorted out.

The main thing is to get both of your arms in past the cuffs first.

First put the arms in, then slip into it and then pull the straps up over your shoulders.

Take your time to make sure that nothing is going to get in behind the straps as you slip in. If you can put it up high enough (like on the back of truck for example, then slipping *up* into it works even better than slipping down and into it.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom