Fundies kicked my a$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I've only been posting here for 4 years, I guess I should be worried.

Speaking of credibility, I'm just a bit curious how someone can rack up 2,500 dives in 10 years in cold water and also hold down a day job and also make 23,000+ posts . Pretty impressive, I'll say.

Thank you ... but to be completely accurate, I've racked up nearly 2,800 dives ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

He works in a water treatment plant? Only has to step out back for a dive?

(kidding bob) :)

Actually I do in a sense ... I have a great dive site five minutes from my home ... and a half dozen more within easy driving distance from either home or work.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I stand corrected ... I was basing my information on something I had heard from Wayne himself ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
He always felt persecuted. :wink:

He always felt persecuted. :wink:

... in some threads I felt he was too. Wayne has his own way of looking at things ... and in many ways I agreed with him. If he had a fault, it was bringing up the subject too often ... and sometimes in threads where it probably wasn't appropriate.

Personally, I miss the dude ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank you ... but to be completely accurate, I've racked up nearly 2,800 dives ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Even more impressive, but I'm still a bit skeptical. 2800 dives over 10 years is 280 dives a year. That's about par for full-time warm-water third-world DMs that are diving daily, but extremely impressive for a cold-water diver.

Just curious, do you count pool "dives" as part of the 2,800 or are they all "real" (i.e. open water) dives? If so, I'm damn damn impressed (that's a double damn in case any Bible thumpers are watching :)

Believe me, Bob dives as much as he says he does. And his post count is obvious. What's amazing is that he keeps a job . . . :)

I multi-task well ... and I don't sleep much ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Even more impressive, but I'm still a bit skeptical. 2800 dives over 10 years is 280 dives a year. That's about par for full-time warm-water third-world DMs that are diving daily, but extremely impressive for a cold-water diver.

Just curious, do you count pool "dives" as part of the 2,800 or are they all "real" (i.e. open water) dives? If so, I'm damn damn impressed (that's a double damn in case any Bible thumpers are watching :)

I do not count pool dives ... nor OW class checkout dives ... nor scenario dives for Rescue classes. I do count most other dives for classes I teach, since those are real dives ... but probably about 80% of my dives do not involve classes. I just like to dive ... and have the opportunity to do so pretty much whenever I want to. Most weeks I'm in the water at least four times on the week-end, and a couple times during the week ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's not that Mossman has different opinion from most people in this thread, it's the way he expresses it that rankles

... maybe he's not trolling , it just comes out that way

It's not that Mossman has different opinion from most people in this thread, it's the way he expresses it that rankles

You can take the poster out of rec.scuba, but you can't take rec.scuba out of the poster. :wink:

Cheers,
Huw

I do not count pool dives ... nor OW class checkout dives ... nor scenario dives for Rescue classes. I do count most other dives for classes I teach, since those are real dives ... but probably about 80% of my dives do not involve classes. I just like to dive ... and have the opportunity to do so pretty much whenever I want to. Most weeks I'm in the water at least four times on the week-end, and a couple times during the week ...
OK then, call me really impressed (and a bit jealous). I used to do 60-80 a year before I became a total wuss.

Perhaps I just need more smileys, then I'll come across as the nice guy I really am!
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom