Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We might hear some news on this tomorrow

It's become quite clear that in current global travel, that regional politics has become the major factor in opening borders

Quite unlikely much will come out of it. Which country in asean is brave enough to open up to indonesian travelers at the moment? Absolutely no offence meant to any indonesians but it's numbers are just to high and growing.

Quite unlikely much will come out of it.
Maybe so. But any indication of a timeframe is what millions of people are waiting for

Which country in asean is brave enough to open up to indonesian travelers at the moment?
A quite obvious point. But anything wouldn't suprise me. All I'm hearing about in Western media is "second wave", and people are infected at alarming rates around the world...but I see the "worst hit" countries with "high death rates" totalling hundreds of thousands, UK, Italy, Spain, Belgium already opened up for tourism & travelling, and they're not stopping at all...even planning for more open travel
This is why regional politics is the key factor for open travel returning to anywhere.

Absolutely no meaning whatsoever!
Look at Peking!
We did not have a single case for many days in Hong Kong and then lo and behold.....

It depends on which part of the world your from. It's meaningful for ASEAN countries to open up to each other and work together

EU (not only Euro :)) is working on that indeed, with the goal of having mutual agreements that EU citizens are also allowed to travel there without restrictions. I do not think it will be 50 in July, but at least there is a guideline that coutries with less than 50 cases per 100.000 inhabitants in a week will be elegible.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for December...
Which would mean for Indonesia 270 x 500 = 135.000 cases per week would be acceptable? Sure about this number?

It depends on which part of the world your from. It's meaningful for ASEAN countries to open up to each other and work together
To work together? Yes, very much so. To send tourists from Singapore, China, Malaysia or Vietnam to Indonesia? Why would they do that, with the situation in Indonesia as it is? What is their benefit?

To work together? Yes, very much so. To send tourists from Singapore, China, Malaysia or Vietnam to Indonesia? Why would they do that, with the situation in Indonesia as it is? What is their benefit?

Asean members lead the world in COVID-19 pandemic suppression
It's to ASEAN's strength and benefit to support and not let Indonesia suffer criticism from Western media. I can say the anti-covid restrictions & implementations in Bali went a lot further than the implementations here in Australia. Australian's were already allowed to go to the beach months before Bali

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom