Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal health is above everything!
Look after yourself, stay away from too much sugar intake, avoid smoking & excessive drinking, exercise regularly...taichi or yoga for spiritual and mental health & correct breathing for your lungs. High blood pressure isn't good also for your health

Today I had to visit the new school of my son. It was my first time leaving the resort since early March. And I was shocked. No physical distancing and maybe 40% use mask in a proper way. But I had to laugh about my own stupidity. 67% of the adult men in Indonesia smoke. More and women start smoking more and more, also while being pregnant. Slogans on the advertisment billboards: "Never Quit" and "Do not let anything stop you". Apart from the fact that you cannot smoke with a mask it means something else. They ignore their own health and that of others as well. Good luck if you would try to correct somebody here about his smoking, by pointing out you do not want to be forced to inhale his smoke. It is ridiculous to expect that the same people would be listening to good device to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Another big mistake is that the governement uses the phrase "New Normal". In Bahasa Indonesia it would become Normal Baru. But I have the idea that many see it as Baru Normal (just went back to normal again). We met people today who were saying that Corona was almost over (no, did not meet with Trump). Downunderwater, if it is not too personal ;-), did all those ex-girlfriends only use a mask when you were near them?

Indonesia Usulkan Asean Bahas Travel Corridor dengan Protokol Covid-19 Ketat | Ekonomi - Bisnis.com

Menteri Luar Negeri Retno Marsudi dalam keterangan kepada media mengatakan, Menteri Luar Negeri Retno Marsudi dalam keterangan kepada media mengatakan, Presiden Joko Widodo mengatakan Asean Travel Corridor ini selain penting untuk percepatan ekonomi Asean, dapat menunjukkan arti strategis dari komunitas Asean baik di kawasan maupun di mata dunia internasional.

Jokowi's keen. Suggested today at ASEAN summit how important travel bubble is for it's economy's speedy recovery

Maybe so. But any indication of a timeframe is what millions of people are waiting for

A quite obvious point. But anything wouldn't suprise me. All I'm hearing about in Western media is "second wave", and people are infected at alarming rates around the world...but I see the "worst hit" countries with "high death rates" totalling hundreds of thousands, UK, Italy, Spain, Belgium already opened up for tourism & travelling, and they're not stopping at all...even planning for more open travel
This is why regional politics is the key factor for open travel returning to anywhere.
Please look at the numbers of new deaths and new cases in the countries you mention. And the fact that people trust the hospitals there. Anyway they can go by (their own) car if the want. And then think how Indonesia looks in the eyes of a foreigner. How many citizens of Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore would ever consider to look for medical care in Indonesia? And how many Indonesians, who can afford it, travel to exactly those countries for medical care? By the way, the impact of the 16 million foreign tourists (less than the number of tourists visiting the Netherlands) Indonesia may welcome every year are very important for some parts of the country only.

Today I had to visit the new school of my son. It was my first time leaving the resort since early March. And I was shocked. No physical distancing and maybe 40% use mask in a proper way. But I had to laugh about my own stupidity. 67% of the adult men in Indonesia smoke. More and women start smoking more and more, also while being pregnant. Slogans on the advertisment billboards: "Never Quit" and "Do not let anything stop you". Apart from the fact that you cannot smoke with a mask it means something else. They ignore their own health and that of others as well. Good luck if you would try to correct somebody here about his smoking, by pointing out you do not want to be forced to inhale his smoke. It is ridiculous to expect that the same people would be listening to good device to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Another big mistake is that the governement uses the phrase "New Normal". In Bahasa Indonesia it would become Normal Baru. But I have the idea that many see it as Baru Normal (just went back to normal again). We met people today who were saying that Corona was almost over (no, did not meet with Trump). Downunderwater, if it is not too personal ;-), did all those ex-girlfriends only use a mask when you were near them?

I think that the non-smoking point you brought up is good, but it also applies to every country. People in Australia will still light up near you without caring, not every smoker though. I think it's very hypocritical for governments to impose draconian restrictions but on the other hand allow a well known carcinogen be available for people to inhale and damage their lungs and fill up hospital wards pre-covid with tobacco related illnesses, I mean doesn't covid damage lungs also?

Back
Top Bottom