Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure if the media or anyone for that matter, would love misleading the media with a lie about return of international tourism to Bali
Media are mostly interested in getting attention. Any second you spend there is money for them. Headlines are always clickbait.

Can

Not an accusation at all, just what "some" businesses will do to take advantage of the situation. If a business was doing it hard because of covid, I'm sure most people would understand if there was price hikes, if it was justified.
But from my very recent experience in Australia, nothing justifies increased prices or any extra extraordinary measures to comply with covid. It's just business as usual
This is not Australia. Can you mention one single tourism related business in Indonesia which is not extremeley hard hit by Covid-19? Still, I never think that people who do not share my opinion are foolish. Maybe they simply have other information, are ignorant or look different at the same facts.[/QUOTE]

Don't try to twist this around mate. I've been advocating all along from the very start about businesses & workers in Indonesia suffering from the extreme measures of covid control

Sorry, what do you mean?

It means good luck forcing people to wear masks in case a "super deadly" virus may infect them or their loved ones and cause a fatality. Having that weigh on a recreational diver's mind before a fun dive doesn't do anything positive for the nerves or mindset of the diver. There many other critical factors that a diver should be concerned about other than getting less than 1.5m distance between someone, or wearing a mask on a dive boat

It means good luck forcing people to wear masks in case a "super deadly" virus may infect them or their loved ones and cause a fatality. Having that weigh on a recreational diver's mind before a fun dive doesn't do anything positive for the nerves or mindset of the diver. There many other critical factors that a diver should be concerned about other than getting less than 1.5m distance between someone, or wearing a mask on a dive boat
hahaha....I give up. I start to get the impression we behave as a Jehovah's witness talking with Sam Harris. No hard feelings.

Pasti ya, :)

September 11 is a very odd date for them to select. International may not mean that they are expecting Americans.

That headline is quite misleading to be honest. The governor of Bali stated that Bali will be "ready to open for international tourism" then. There has been no such announcement by the federal govt., who will actually decide when to open the borders to tourism.

Who to fault for the headline? It turns out that at most media, the headlines are written in a different department than where the copy/articles are produced. Headlines are misleading or more sensationalized more often than not.

September 11 is a very odd date for them to select. International may not mean that they are expecting Americans.
All dates were selected because of their Balinese religious meaning.

All dates were selected because of their Balinese religious meaning.

Thank you, that makes sense.

I was thinking more about the typical partying tourists at Bali. They are not afraid of the risks, but they could bring it back to their countries of origin. I compared this group before with smokers. They know the risks of active and passive smoking very well but many of them do not care much. I can imagine that their goverments are worried about that risk. It is not about what I think that people or governments should do, but what I think they might do. The largest numbers of visitors to Indonesia are from Malaysia, China and Singapore. Three countries where they have the pandemic much better under control than here. Maybe India would be willing to let their citizen travel for leisure to Bali?
Wagub Cok Ace Berharap Wisatawan India Tertarik Lagi Datang ke Bali - Tribun Bali

hahaha....I give up. I start to get the impression we behave as a Jehovah's witness talking with Sam Harris. No hard feelings.
I thought you'd never catch on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom