Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of reasons--the vaccine never covers all the varieties of flu out there, and when I have had it a couple times I got sick from the vaccine. I've never had the flu any other time. I'd much rather take my chances getting flu than dealing with that vaccine. And, I won't take any vaccine they come up with for Coronavirus.

for me Vaccines are generally like pants..I could care less if you wear them or not...there are lots of arguments for and agains pants and if you don’t want to wear pants, then you do your thing....just make sure you stay the hell away from my kids when you don’t have pants on. :)

Do you vaccinate your kids? That's the best way to protect them against non-pants wearers. If I had kids, I would have them vaccinated. I make choices for myself that work for me. I am vaccinated against a number of things, but have given up on the flu vaccine.

Thanks, and I believe I've already had Coronavirus last December, so not worried.
Can you get an antibody test?
December? Where?

Not interested in getting the test. I was at my home in San Carlos, Mexico and a number of people were afflicted there at the same time all with identical symptoms to Coronavirus. I was sick for two days, mildly, only one day with fever.

Lots of kids are too young for vaccines...... I can’t remember exactly how many...oh wait, I can it’s basically ‘all the kids who are too young for vaccines’

there are lots of things I don’t like (hate needles) but generally I don’t like ‘babies dying because I don’t like something’ more than the stuff I don’t like.....

but again, this isn’t about scuba and anyone can wear pants if they want to...or not, free countries etc.. just don’t flash your junk at the babies...:wink:...or my babies... other people may be cool with you flashing your junk at their babies, but it would probably be polite to ask first.

Not interested in getting the test. I was at my home in San Carlos, Mexico and a number of people were afflicted there at the same time all with identical symptoms to Coronavirus. I was sick for two days, mildly, only one day with fever.
Definitely 100% Covid-19. Or, very little chance of course, one of the hundreds (thousands ?) other viruses or bacteria which give the same signs and symptoms as you described.

I've got no issues with flights or meals as they were, pre-covid—19. I hope that dive shops in Indonesia, especially the one's that market themselves as "Western Standards", that they don't start charging extra money for any ridiculous anti-covid gimmicks

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing, but I don't care really...is every dive shop's boat I've ever been on in Indonesia ALWAYS shares cups, 1 cup of either water, tea, coffee...the same cup can be used by up to 3 different people often. Perhaps a name tag or even better, sanitiser wipes to clean cups

Excellent point
I've always disliked that and have often tried to save my personal cup. Rarely worked.
That said I've also been in Indo when they do put your name on the cup in the am and that's yours for the day.

That said I've also been in Indo when they do put your name on the cup in the am and that's yours for the day.

Seen that with Murex in Sulawesi as well as Siladin Resort

Thanks, and I believe I've already had Coronavirus last December, so not worried

No way of proving that unless you get tested.

You don't get a flu shot anymore. Could have been anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom