Future Caver with questions about a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the reason i like my setup is because I havent tried many others wings,backplates etc.I got used to it and it serves me well.I put my recomendation out and it wasent with the majorty.So what!Opinions are like.....well tou know.Now quit cyberdiving and get wet.

That's about what I suspected. If your experience has been limited to one setup, you are not well qualified to offer an opinion on the relative benefits of other combinations.

If you have used one set up you are well positioned to offer something like " I use XX and so far I like it" You simply cannot know if other approaches are better, worse or equal.

I've developed more than 18 different wings, and currently offer for sale 14. (A couple didn't make the cut, or were so specialized as to have a market of one :wink:)

I've had the opportunity to dive a lot of combos, and the lessons learned have directly lead to new designs. I base my recommendations on this experience.

Tobin

Maybe the reason i like my setup is because I havent tried many others wings,backplates etc.I got used to it and it serves me well.I put my recomendation out and it wasent with the majorty.So what!Opinions are like.....well tou know.Now quit cyberdiving and get wet.

Take off your sensitive hat.

Hey no sensitivity here.I dont own a dive shop or waste alot of time trying different configurations.I dive a dual rec with singles or doubles and love it.That qualifys me to give my opinion.99% of my dives are in doubles in caves.I also play a certain make of guitar that I would endorse,only to have a music store owner pump other makes that he likes better.Im not a dive profesional,I build stair cases,but Ill post my opinion and readers can make of it whatever they want.Ill admit it,Im a redneck.Beat me up with your fingertips I can take it.:mooner:

Beat me up with your fingertips I can take it.:mooner:

And you know , us cavers have TOUGH fingertips , you know ... :rofl3:
Hey , lets all get together and have a fingertip fight. I'M READY !!!! :D

Da Beano

I personally dive the diverite transplate with SS backplate... Most comfortable harness and backplate I've dove with... Biggest thing I will stress to you is COMFORT level, basic harnesses hurt like hell and dig in like crazy with doubles on.. So go with something that will be comfortable to you.. I personally dive an oxycheq #70 wing... And it does its job, very comfortable with it and it dives well with both my doubles and my single.... Good luck mate.

^^ The basic on me just doesn't like the contour of my shoulders... The transplate gives me some extra padding on the shoulders... I find that more comfortable.

^^ The basic on me just doesn't like the contour of my shoulders... The transplate gives me some extra padding on the shoulders... I find that more comfortable.

got ya
do what works for ya :wink:

if you're happy, diver08, that's certainly what counts, but for other readers, remember to try crossing the straps. that brings them closer to your neck and away from your upper arms if you aren't as wide there as an 'average guy'. just take the one coming off the left shoulder to the right hip & vice versa. can't do this if you trimmed it, though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom