G250v feels like it has 2 stages during the inhale with reg in either pre-dive or dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine do it to, my feeling is when the poppet separates further you lose some of that pneumatic force keeping the valve closed and you feel the second phase of opening with light to medium breaths.

You may be on to something with the pneumatic force. Perhaps it has to do with the o-ring action in the balance chamber?

Perhaps even IP dynamics, meaning the first stage may play a role? One thing I wondered about since reading some older posts by halocline, is how does the poppet opening force react to the "slugish" IP in balanced piston firsts where the IP initially drops before the piston fully opens. In other words, could it be a stuck 1st piston missing lubrication? But then Buddhasummer would not have experienced this, since I kno he has diaphragm regs.

What ones do it? Cheers.
Atomic, T3, Z2, G250V running from a MK17. I think the lighter the cracking effort, the more pronounced it is. Pretty sure my G260 would do it but I’ve recently raised the cracking effort I’ll have to play again.

That sounds very likely to me. That's evry most of the movement happened and where tolerances can affect tilt of the poppet.

Hard to inspect the lever ears without taking the lever out. Looking at a poppet to see uneveness might be something to try first. Perhaps some poppets have marks or other imprfections?

Instructions say just push the poppet in with the lever folded out, until the poppet engages the lever, then push the spring and balance chamber in and that's it, right? Do the regs in question perhaps need a wiggle to set them in place correctly?

A full length barrel like on the G250/G260/ S620ti that can be assembled outside the reg case might help troubleshoot and go back-and-forth with less hassle.

Very interesting bit of info!
Seems to be definitely more pronounced in the Atomics, I don’t know if that is because the soft seat has a metal sleeve in it.

Yeah I think Rob said in the Regulator Geeks meeting (Video on Youtube) that Atomic has a softer seat but uses the embedded metal to give the seat some rigidity so the orifice does not sink into it too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom