G250v feels like it has 2 stages during the inhale with reg in either pre-dive or dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great info, I'll take a closer look at the lever sleeves. Suddenly I appreciate the interchangeable sleeves...

Look where they engage in closed and open position on the reg that felt "funny":

Attachments

• IMG_8858.JPG
    IMG_8858.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8857.JPG
    IMG_8857.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 46
Great info, I'll take a closer look at the lever sleeves. Suddenly I appreciate the interchangeable sleeves...

Look where they engage in closed and open position on the reg that felt "funny":
Is that an SP 600ti?

Right, my brandnew spares do look a bit cleaner....

Attachments

• IMG_8865.JPG
    IMG_8865.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 42
I've had a problem with some 109s that sounds similar, and in my case it was about the lever feet not working smoothly against the square holes in the barrel, and occasionally not working well with the tabs in the poppet. Maybe there's something in the G250V that could be similar, I don't really know. It's either a mechanical issue, which means lever/poppet/barrel interface, or possibly something sticking at the diaphragm. Maybe there's a venturi issue; an easy to check on that is to lower IP, maybe down to 120-125, and see if that makes it different. If that doesn't change anything, it's probably mechanical. I think any sort of roughness or unevenness in the lever feet or poppet tab or especially the plastic bushing in the barrel can cause problems.

Great idea to vary the IP.... In my cases it has been so subtle I only noticed it while diving a while.

So far it seems like the vote is on uneveness in the surfaces of lever/poppet/barrel/sleeve interfaces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom