Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Chris Karrer

The behavior of your computer you describe above makes no sense to me. The PDI stops are optional and can be turned off. When on, the PDI stops are not mandatory and no warnings are given for missed PDI stops. It does not make intuitive sense that this function would affect the underlying algorithm's NDLs

Next time you dive, try this. Dive your G2 and the Galileo Terra, both with PDIS off and at MB level L0. This should allow you to directly test the native algorithms, Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT and ZH-L8 ADT.

Again, too bad someone from Scubapro is not participating

Hi @Chris Karrer

The behavior of your computer you describe above makes no sense to me. The PDI stops are optional and can be turned off. When on, the PDI stops are not mandatory and no warnings are given for missed PDI stops. It does not make intuitive sense that this function would affect the underlying algorithm's NDLs

Next time you dive, try this. Dive your G2 and the Galileo Terra, both with PDIS off and at MB level L0. This should allow you to directly test the native algorithms, Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT and ZH-L8 ADT.

Again, too bad someone from Scubapro is not participating
Beaver Divers is in the House!

The behavior of your computer you describe above makes no sense to me.

Yes, that makes no sense, not very useful as i could activate PDIS and then skip the deep stops...
One explanation could be that SP/UWATEC modified the algorithm that it shortens NDL if you don't plan to do PDIS/DeepStops to have people activate PDIS.

The whole story don't make any sense to me, but i will continue to test the G2, i just hate to be a Guineapig for SP paid 800$ for the G2 ...

Chris

While I threw my Suunto Vyper out after it locked out, one useful feature it had was a dive simulator, that allowed you to see what the computer displays on a simulated dive without having to do an actual dive. It's too bad the Galileos don't have this.

Yeah,
the simulation feature was a nice way to get comfortable with a new dive computer.
it is impressive how much clients i have and they ask me after the dive what this blinking symbol means.
Best one was a few weeks ago a new diver complaining that her computer is broken as he shows after each dive Err and is blocked.
Fortunately the Lady was asking me the meaning of Err before the dive as she would like to know if i could send it to repair....
I am stll wondering how she made it to make 50 dives and approx 25 of them 80ft+ locking the computer because she was not respecting deco stops and never had any issues.
Exactly for this reason i do not rent anymore dive computers as the users usually have no idea what the computer is telling them and i have to argue under water to get them back to surface.
Crazy stuff!

Yes, that makes no sense, not very useful as i could activate PDIS and then skip the deep stops...
One explanation could be that SP/UWATEC modified the algorithm that it shortens NDL if you don't plan to do PDIS/DeepStops to have people activate PDIS.

The whole story don't make any sense to me, but i will continue to test the G2, i just hate to be a Guineapig for SP paid 800$ for the G2 ...

Chris
You would think someone from Scubapro could respond and put this entire topic to rest

this behaviour is normal as the Galileo G2 is Buehlman ZHL16 while the Terra uses ZLH8 and this results in such a big difference of 9 min bottom time is correct.
This is the answer from Scubapro Italy's technician, and he was wrong.
As i wrote, it seems that activating PDIS will bring back NDL to common values.
Tomorrow i will dive the wreck again and use EAN32 but without PDIS activated and i fear that NDL will be back at 9 min less,
and this should prove that the short NDL depend of the PDIS setting.
Chris

This is the answer from Scubapro Italy's technician, and he was wrong.
As i wrote, it seems that activating PDIS will bring back NDL to common values.
Tomorrow i will dive the wreck again and use EAN32 but without PDIS activated and i fear that NDL will be back at 9 min less,
and this should prove that the short NDL depend of the PDIS setting.
Chris
My suggestion from post #21:
If there is a large differential between the 2 algorithms, activate the PDIS function to see if that makes a difference for either of both computers/algorithms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom