Galileo Luna to Computer Connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Why on earth did Uwatec choose infrared for a computer connection on a new computer when it is old technology that has been replaced with far better methods such as bluetooth?

I have a Luna and a Mac which had a usability score of 0 on a scale of 1-10. I do run parallels in mac so I do have Windows 7 but Apple did away with infrared a long time ago although some models use it for apple based equipment.

I have installed smarttrack on the Windows 7 part of my Mac through Parallels. What exactly do I need to purchase now and do they still make what I need?

Maybe I should just run JTrak but I will still need to buy another piece of equipment.

Thanks.

yes they still make a simple usb ir reader they can be ordered for less than $25

i have this one USB IRDA Adapter - Fast Infrared (FIR) adapter

i got it for like $15 in oct but cant remember where it works fine. the key is to set your luna like an inch from the usb reader because there is an icon on the luna that comes on telling you its connected but the ir reader in your laptop doesn't see the luna

this it a common issue not just this reader.

enjoy!

found it i got mine here

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200809

nope i have a mini hp laptop that came without ir all it is used for is our dive logs

Ebay Ir for just ten dollars.

Just asking because not all work with macs.

Since I run parallels, I can run it under Windows 7 but the hardware is still mac.

thank you for your assistance.

Any mac users out there?

I'm a MAC user (MacBook Pro & Snow Leopard OS) but only have an Aladin Prime. I connect using the UWATEC IrDA USB 2.0 dongle using J-TRAK. It is expensive alternative, but it works as a plug and play--no drivers necessary. I guess you already know that the Galileo is not compatible with J-TRAK.

...... I guess you already know that the Galileo is not compatible with J-TRAK.
Is that true ? The J-Track section of the Uwatec website says both Galileos are supported.

Back
Top Bottom