Galileo Sol and Aladin 2G algorithm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been using my Galileo Sol for a few years now but for a few reasons, decided to get a backup computer for use with it. The first one I got was a Tusa but it was more conservative and so I bought the Aladin 2G...figuring that they would have similar algorithms being the same company and all. In using it for the first time yesterday, I was astonished to find how much more liberal it was by comparison. My Galileo showed me minutes of no deco time left while the Aladin showed me with close to 100 minutes NDT. What is with that?

Oh, never mind. I see that the Aladin was set to 32% while my Galileo was set to 21%. I had been mucking around with the Aladin a few nights before and assumed it would automatically reset to air after 24 hours elapsed. I guess it didn't.

Yes, the Nitrox setting will make one more conservative significantly. Also you should check the setting of the MB (Microbubble) Level on the SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom