Galileo Sol - Bulk or Bite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only 'problem' with this is my arm is so small I have to put the band on like the 2nd or 3rd hole closest to the computer, I have a lot of strap flopping about. Still trying different ways to secure but it's well worth it.

Lot's of info and configurations possible with this computer. Great system, easy firmware upgrades, user friendly etc etc. I really have enjoyed mine so far...

Hi,

Just a quick reply regarding the strap.. You can stick it under the computer, there is a place for it to go in... just stretch the sol slightly over your hand and the strap can be tucked it nicely... no flapping around.

Regarding the original post:

To those using it, how does it feel under the water? Is it comfortable?

I love it... its great...

Is it prone to knock into things?

Nope it doesn't unless you are clumsy :D

Does it get in the way? Is it really that bulky? Does this thing just look retarded on your wrist?

No no and no...

Its loaded with features, easy to use and as I understand, there are loads of new features that will be released through software updates, one of which is support for 3 gases :D

Actually, I got one!! thanks though! So wait.. if you're breathing your tank down underwater and you go under 200 ft.. it'll turn off? Or it won't because of the water contacts/depth?

There's actually a lot of that computer that I don't understand and wish they had a better manual on.

If you go below 200 lbs of pressure in your tank, the tank pressure sending unit turns off...

TED

I'm just about to order one as well, around £860 seems quite easy to find... Can't wait to get it wet!
/A

Ok, has any one heard OFFICIALLY from Uwatec / Scubapro about the Purchasing of their products from outside the country that you live in and have FULL Uwatec warranty ? [ i.e. I live in the U.S. and purchase a Galileo SOL from an authorized dealer in England ]

I have emptied my tank down to 125lbs and the transmitter did not turn off as you indicated. The alarms will drive you nuts but the monitoring continues.

Go in under settings. You can turn off the alarms if you wish. I have all my audio alarm's turned off. I can't stand that constant beeping. :palmtree: Bob

I spoke with someone at Uwatec and they told me that if you purchase their equipment from an Authorized dealer , your purchase is covered EVERY WHERE. just keep your receipt. SO if I bought a Galileo SOL in Spain, and brought it back to the USA, it would be covered under their warranty

I just got mine this weekend. What a computer. I am in love. My wife is envious. I cannot wait to get into it more.

The Galileo is truly a man among boys. You can't appreciate how good it is until you dive it a couple of times. Other manafacturers have a lot of work to do to catch up with Uwatech. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom