Gas Exchange question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably not discernible, unless you are very sensitive to buoyancy changes. You loose buoyancy proportional to the volume of gas expelled, primarily because you (a flexible container) now displace less water. Perhaps an ounce or three. The density of gas changes only negligibly during the exchange, so that doesn’t really enter into it significantly.

Wow! I typed that without saying fart.

Probably not discernible, unless you are very sensitive to buoyancy changes. You loose buoyancy proportional to the volume of gas expelled, primarily because you (a flexible container) now displace less water. Perhaps an ounce or three. The density of gas changes only negligibly during the exchange, so that doesn’t really enter into it significantly.

Wow! I typed that without saying fart.

right up until the last word... :lotsalove::D

A good burp will throw me off though.

Pete

If you're properly horizontal it might just rocket you to the ocean floor...

Could we please get a bodily function forum?

It depends if you're wearing a wetsuit, drysuit, or swim trunks.

I have noticed a slight difference from time to time..................... :11:

The last farting thread got lost or yanked for some stupid reason. I looked forward to reading the posts after a hard day at work. Juvenile humor over bodily functions is a necessary part of the human males make up. For instance a good release of gas is actually therapeutic. I let a fart go the other day that would have seriously affected my trim had it been under water. It not only relieved bloating but made my pants fit better. It was worth the smell for the joy it brought!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom