Gauge mode in seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, cheapest solution would probably be your existing PDC (if you have one) plus a watch like say a Casio G Shock

I have an old analogue Citizen Aqualand which also shows depth but they're not easy to find these days (and cost more than a G Shock)

Or you could use a BT (e.g Uwatec 330) plus the watch, and dive on cut tables, which works great for square profile tech dives

I have a watch and nice tables but i like comps big rugged one like vyper air,old vytec aand simmilar

sent from inner peace

I just wonder if a Vyper Air is going to go all the way for you... maybe think about a Petrel or X1

The Hollis will too. I use a Uwatec Tech 2G since it has a seconds timer. I find it very handy to have for performing deep stops.

The Liquivision Xeo does too.(And mine is for sale--PM if interested).

Scubapro 2G definitely has nice feature at low price. Resetting average depth and timer in gauge mode are real nice, it is the reason I have one. However, 2g's display is horrible in today's standard.

Vyper air look nice, but at it cost, if you don't need wireless AI, I think Liquidvision or shearwater are much better choice for about the same money

if i can get any shearwater for same price as vyper air, than decision is made , im in lov with shearwaters, but as far as i now luqui and shears are only gauge comps, not a dual mode like vyper ?

sent from inner peace

Not sure what you mean by "dual mode". The Shearwaters and Liquvisions are full multi-gas decompression computers(you have to purchase the software separately for the X1). The Xeo and Shearwaters come with Buhlmann GF installed, with the option of upgrading to VPM(Shearwater) or 3rd party RGBM(Xeo). The X1 can run VPM or Buhlmann GF(VPlanner or MultiDeco).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom