G'Day from Down Under!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey! I am an Aussie now living and diving (and spearfishing) here in Florida. I dove in Portsea about a year and a half ago when I was visiting home, it was awesome, but no spearfishing... wah! I will do that when I go back to Melbourne in Feb! Cheers!!:eek:ut:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
What, are we taking over or something?

You've got you own continent, what more do you want!?

In fact, it's a love of mine. The Poor Knights Islands have literally hundreds of caves. The waters cool here, but with all the rain, the viz is poor along the coast so boat diving is the best. We have been having the same weather as you guys in Bourne, but probably a little wetter. It's that cold southerly... you know the one.
Cheers Big Ears,
The gasman

:eek:ut:

G'day Justin - jut foudn this site myself. & just completed my openwater diver here in Sydney. So - only 6 dives under my belt so far.

cheers

Andrew

Yes, you are right! It is cold in Melbourne, I dove a few sites and had to wear a 7mm wetsuit, of course I didn't do a buoyancy check (like a dumb ass) and I looked like a wounded walrus! ha ha ha, but the water was so cold, it felt like needles piercing your skin (face)... But had a blast, I am just so used to the tropical waters of FL these days...

It was in early November when I dove in Melb, and I plan on diving next year in Feb I think....

Good to hear from someone down under. I'm going to visit in August, but I'll be near Sydney. My wife represents (works for) an Austrailian company and visits a couple of times a year. This will be my first trip. Any recommendations on diving would be great.

Back
Top Bottom