Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisajade

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How do you store your gear at home between dive trips. Currently all my gear is in my tupperwear box but I think it might be best if I clear out a closet and make that my dive closet. How does everyone else store their gear at home?

We have a whole bedroom and closet dedicated to our scuba gear. With 20k in gear it takes up lots of space

I hang all of my stuff in the garage and my tanks are in a storage rack that I bought at World Water Sports.

TOM

Buy some of those white folding tables at Sam's Club; fill up your living room; have BC or Wing/BP set up with tanks so that you can don gear and exercise during commercials. Hang those fins on the wall; leave copies of diving books (Shadow Divers and Shadow Divers Exposed) on the couch.

Have a gallon of vinegar and a bucket of meat tenderizer ready if you plan to post on some of SBs threads!

I store mine in the hall closet. (ie. bag, wet suits, dive skins and regulators) now keep in mind that the care and usage instructions suggest keeping the gear stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. I keep my tanks in the garage, since it doesn't get that hot in there. However keeping things inside the house also cuts down on the amount of humidity it comes in contact with. Which can help to cut down on mold.

After a day of diving I rinse everything off really good to get the salt off and other junk from where ever I was diving. If I'm at home I put my wet suit, dive skin and BC in the tub to soak with a half cap of Woulite Dark. It helps to kill bacteria, and doesn't cause fading. With my BC I take the purge valve covers off and open it up and let the water flow in there too. After it's soaked for a couple hours I rinse it off and let it hang in the garage to dry.

you dont wanna know, but ok here it comes......

Tank- in front of the tv
Wetsuit- Hanging in the foyer on a shower curtain rod over my front door
BC- with the wetsuit
Fins- under the kitchen table
Mask- same place
Lights- one in the kitchen, one on the computer desk
Dive comp- on the computer desk
Backup regs- on kitchen table

As you can see diving and a one bedroom arartment dont mix too well :D

All my stuff is in the basement in the laundry area...
I have a plastic 5 shelf rack that I paid $20 for...the shelfs have lots holes so that air flows nicely...
I hang my wetsuits, BC and the like on a self made clots rack...Made of PVC pipe...up nice an high so my wetsuit doesn't touch the ground...
Tanks...under the stairs in the basement.

dhampton82you dont wanna know, but ok here it comes......

Tank- in front of the tv
Wetsuit- Hanging in the foyer on a shower curtain rod over my front door
BC- with the wetsuit
Fins- under the kitchen table
Mask- same place
Lights- one in the kitchen, one on the computer desk
Dive comp- on the computer desk
Backup regs- on kitchen table

As you can see diving and a one bedroom arartment dont mix too well
04.gif
How in the world do you deal with the wetsuit funk...darn sometimes I find it hard to go into the basement where my stuff is funking it up....

I put up a couple of 4' x 8' white pegboard sheets in my garage, near the hose bib. After every dive I wash my gear and hang it outside to dry just outside the garage door. Once it's dry I bring it inside and hang it on pegboard hooks (or draped over a 3" PVC bar for the exposure suits). The tanks go on a carpeted pad beside the door. The weights & other small stuff so on a shelf attached to the peg board. Most of the other stuff (camera, wet suits, spare regs, wet suits too thin or thick for the conditions, dive bags, etc.) goes into a self-contained melamine closet (from Home Depot) next to the peg board.

All this makes it pretty easy to throw the stuff back into the SUV for the next dive.

I built a PVC pipe rack that all my gear can hang on. I rinse after the dive and allow to air dry outside or in the garage. Once dry, gear is checked and repacked, ready to go for next dive.

KazooDiver:
How in the world do you deal with the wetsuit funk...darn sometimes I find it hard to go into the basement where my stuff is funking it up....

haha, I have a soak bin that I soak my wetsuit in water and some simple green after every dive. I let it soak for 24 hours (in the living room) and then it hangs to dry in the shower on another extra shower curtain rod over the tub.

If I need to take a shower, then the wetsuit goes to the curtain rod in the foyer with a towel under it. (thats why its in the foyer, there is tile there so I dont have to worry about wet carpet.)

Now my living room smells like new neoprene :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom