Geo 2 or Mares Smart Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies everyone, though it seems like ya'll are getting in a cat fight about who's know the most. Chill out. I simply asked for a recommendation on a computer between the Mares and the Oceanic.

Mareses are the cheapest at the moment. Oceanics are the only ones with DSAT and it's not entirely clear how long that's going to last: every new PPS computer is PZ+ only and who knows what the relationship between Huish, Pelagic Pressure Systems, and the rest of them will be the day after tomorrow.

I bought a used Geo 2 recently and just put 35 dives on it in Roatan. It has a small profile, light weight, and can easily be used as a general purpose timepiece without feeling clunky. It gives identical readings to my ProPlus 3 and gives you everything you might need from a non technical computer. It is easy to read in daylight and the display is not cluttered, providing depth, NDT, Max depth, and divetime, and TLBG and ascent rate bar graphs on the main dive screen, arranged in an easy to read and interpret configuration. The liberal algorithm lets you interpret your own personal cushion of tissue loading and no deco time without fear of hitting the premature deco/lockout generated by a more conservative algorithm. I don't log my dives so I can't comment on its logging/download capabilities.

The Geo 2 worked very well for me and I am very pleased by its form and performance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom