Get your Hurricane Diver Specialty Certification this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could find a SB course in diving fast moving flood waters for recreational purposes or how to dive in your automobile.

I wish I could find a SB course in diving fast moving flood waters for recreational purposes or how to dive in your automobile.

Raining much?

Wash all the gators out of Lake Alice?

I think it's time to have a Paella Party along with that cert dive! Stay safe, Doc!

I think this will impact the usual last Tues of the month Paella Party. :D

So Thiad, when ya coming back ta see us?

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:52 AM ----------

How many dives do you have to have logged before you can take this class? :)
None, thanks to ScubaSam I've added a Discover Hurricane Diving category for those nose-breathing family & friends who follow you to tropical destinations so you can dive while they lay out on the beach catching a tan. Their course only includes a taste of Hurricanes made with lite rum only (no aged, spiced, or dark rums) and they are not allowed to work the blender.

I rode out Hurricane Wilma while in Roatan. We figured we got our Hurricane Diver Cert just lounging around the resort. Fortunately many brought rain gear but everyone was wearing dive booties as their main style of shoes.

After the 4 in 2004 in North Florida, I rode out Hurricane Henriette in 2007 as it crossed the Baja California Peninsula as crew on a liveaboard as we hunkered in Bahia Concepcion for 3 days of tossing and turning.

At least this time, we have internet and cable TV for entertainment...and kindle, netflix, etc.
:storm:

In traditional SCUBA fashion, I will hijack this thread (and idea) and offer the same thing via another agency (my new agency WINDASS - Worldwide International Nitrox Divers ASSociation) and change the standards slightly. (For legal reasons of course)

I am offering a TECHNICAL Hurricane Diver certification. There will be 5 levels - Technical Hurricane Diver Category One, Technical Hurricane Diver Category Two, etc, etc.

standards are broad brush - leaving it up to the instructor as to the actual content of the class. We only ask that at least one dive be conducted in a confined hurricane environment that is defined as an area that was affected at least once by a tropical storm or greater in the last 10 years.

Prerequisites - 1 year old or older. Must have a hurricane specialty diver rating or equivalent. At least 1 dive on a windy day

For those interested in teaching these courses, we run Technical Hurricane Diver Instructor classes and of course Technical Hurricane Diver Instructor Trainer classes.

I think I'll stick with the online version of this class!!

I think I'll stick with the online version of this class!!

AW Willar come on down.. its not gonna be much of a hurricane. I got promises of photos as my friend on Big Pine Key runs his flats boat down Useless One.. and I can offer end of the street diving here in South St Pete. We're on the protected side.. :D :D :D
Now if you want some excitement I can run ya down to the Skyway fishing pier and we can sneak onto the beach and go kite surfing and add that to the specialty course.
I can offer, also, a course in how to retrieve house plants that go flying by and the ever popular "why didn't I buy more beer, milk and bread" chorus.. we have a few openings left I think.

Unfortunately you missed the pre-hurricane "let me open my emergency life raft on the dock and knock some of my neighbors off the dock and piss them off" class that was held late this afternoon, along with "whadda ya mean I need to double my docklines 101" lecture that the dockmaster so pithely gave one boatowner this afternoon.. most of the dock were in attendence by default due to decible level.

Storms and their prep are always a joy and full of excitement.. never a dull moment, just ask Jim Santore..

---------- Post Merged at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Raining much?

Wash all the gators out of Lake Alice?

That will never happen.. keep trying to teach them to eat frat boys but they spit them out as nasty..
They do like crunchy Seminoles though.. no idea why .. :D

This Sunday and Monday, Elena and I will be offering the incredibly rare Hurricane Diver Specialty Certification. Don't miss this opportunity to try your hand at:

• Fin pivots out of the water
  • Fish ID while looking out of your window
  • Boat bail outs
  • Water and food hoarding
  • Effective hunkering down
  • Creative hunkering down
  • Non-silting mop propulsion
  • Missile avoidance
  • How to board a residence (not the same as boarding a boat)
  • Light reading
  • Listening to weather briefings
  • Proper hand holds when the wind approaches 80mph
  • Optimal techniques for kissing your butt goodbye

Sign me up!

Oh wait... the flights got cancelled. Oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom