Getting a 5mm wetsuit on without it taking forever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can get mine on fairly quickly. After years of wearing various "foundation garments" and control top panty hose, the wetsuit is fairly easy.

My other half swears by tights under the suit (apparently they act like a thin rash as well) - she slips in and out of her 7mm in no time at all... personally I've resisted the urge to wear tights in public thus far

I wear a pair of dive socks. Not only does the wetsuit slide on instantly, so too do my boots. The socks also help my feet from rubbing on the boots and after a week on a liveaboard it's a godsend. Depending on how tight your arm seals are use a second pair of sock on your hands (works just like a plastic bag).

Been using dive socks for years since I got a pair free along with an Aeroskin suit many years ago. Beginning to wear out now but I have bought some new ones from Scuba Do Rag, bit pricey but make donning any wetsuit a lot easier.

Hmmm i might invest in some dive socks, for both ease of wetsuit donning and after a week of diving i always have raw patches of no skin where my booties have rubbed.

Hmmm i might invest in some dive socks, for both ease of wetsuit donning and after a week of diving i always have raw patches of no skin where my booties have rubbed.

I highly recommend lavacore for socks. I have a pair now and absolutely love them.

I swear by dive lycra dive socks for dive trips. Never had "fin rubbing" issues since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom