Getting a 5mm wetsuit on without it taking forever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "roll it on" technigue posted by windapp is my choice, learned from watching my wife put on panty hose. It sure beats the "tug and wiggle and hope I don't rip it" approach , and is less entertaining to watch. That is a good thing. The soap/shampoo/ conditioner dilute solutions can work, but I try not to put anything in the ocean that I wouldn't put in my eyes. And the slippery deck issue is real.
DivemasterDennis

In a jam you can turn your suit inside out (all the way if you have to), put your feet in the holes and roll it up. Same with the arms and torso.

Splooge wise: Baby powder only works when both you and your suit are complete dry. Otherwise it's like smearing paper mache on yourself. Way too pasty to slide anything on.

1:10 conditioner:water ratio works best. You can put it in a spray bottle or use up an old Suave bottle from home (just splooge your suit and yourself). Alternatively you can get a glob on yourself and then smear tons of salt water over to lather it up.

Nothing like smelling of piss and coconuts after a dive. :wink:

the arm and leg zippers that come on a Wetwear suit....:cool2:.

Reactions: Doc
you can also (depending on where you are) put it on in the water. that's what i usually do to spare my knuckle skin.

+1 on using a Lycra skin and rolling it down to star off.

the arm and leg zippers that come on a Wetwear suit....:cool2:.

The Wetwear with the zip gussets on the leg and arms... a 30 second process that can be done seated in a rocking dory.

If everyone had one, it would end these discussions forever!

As other have said this is a skill & fit issue. They both need to come together. In the end donning you suit shpuld not be a chore. Find my whole story here.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom