Getting a pony, but have a few questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I would not leave it pressurized from one week to the next. I always leave mine pressurized and on in between dives. When I am done diving for the day, If I am diving salt water which is rarely these days I will get back to the hotel etc and fill the tub up. Leave it pressurized and put it in the luke warm water. Shake the reg around underwater real good. purge the reg a few times under water. Then remove it and leave it to dry still pressurized the whole time. When fully dry, turn off air, purge and remove regulator. Store it....

I have no hard evidence to prove either way. Kinda like leaving a car idling. Some say it hurts the engine ..dunno... maybe ask a service tech... but again I just dont see the need to leave it on.

One quick question though, is there anything wrong with leave the reg on the bottle and leaving it charged in between dives? Would it be bad for the 2nd stage? I didn't think so, but just checking if there's a reason I'm not thinking of.

To clarify, I'm talking about leaving it this way at home in between dive weekends.

If you go to the Cave Forums they leave stages pressurized for weeks if not months in a cave that they intend on returning to.
That said what benefit would you get by leaving your pony charged? I can only think of negative outcomes - none have anything to do with the regulator...

Just not sure why you would want to do this...

Back
Top Bottom