Getting back into lifting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Okay... I want to resume my workout regimen, but how do I ease into it so that I'm not freakin' incapacitated by soreness, for the first couple of weeks?
Use real light weights to start and concentrate on your lifting form rather than how much weight your pushing. Give due diligence to stretching after you lift. Before you start lifting do 5 or 10 minutes of cardio to warm up your muscles, after your workout do 20 to 30 minutes of cardio to allow your muscles to "cool down".
Just my 2 cents, good luck and stick with it...

Fish_Whisperer:
Thanks, RJ. I usually start out, determined to really take it easy, and by the end of the session, end up going all out. LOL I need to rein that in. I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I love the way it makes me feel.
Sounds very familiar, the head says sure I can go heavier, the body says "Oh I'm gonna make you pay later!!"....

I am the same way, I try to start slow and build back into it, but then after 10 mins I am trying to push my max....not good the day after.

You forgot the Hot Babe factor, where you stack up as much as your ego tells you to and lift it with a grin:wink: just to be impressive
Sometimes the Ego really makes you pay:D

Not that this has ever happend to me, I just noticed someone else
doing it..........

FLDVR:
You forgot the Hot Babe factor, where you stack up as much as your ego tells you to and lift it with a grin:wink: just to be impressive
Sometimes the Ego really makes you pay:D

Not that this has ever happend to me, I just noticed someone else
doing it..........

I guess some of us "hot babes" have never really been impressed by how much weight someone stacks up.

Just work through the pain, Frank. It goes away after a few days. I'm starting back on hitting the weights too. Gotta get in shape for my next dive trip in October!

I guess some of us "hot babes" have never really been impressed by how much weight someone stacks up.

Someones not telling the truth:wink:

All kidding aside, the advice to go Light is the best. To much to quick will do more than make you sore.

Back
Top Bottom