Getting my own tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ETA: would it help any to move the tank UP some? I can't move my cam bands into different slots in the STA due to the weighted insert I have.
Moving the tank up in the cam band will shift weight toward your head and moving the tank down will shift weight toward your feet. As Ken mentioned, it's not always straight forward finding balance as people will compensate unconsciously. Have a buddy watch you and try hovering completely horizontal with your head looking up. Make sure your buddy tells you when you are level, dont just go by how level you think you are. Stay motionless and you will quickly find out if you are balanced. If you are head heavy you will begin to go head down and feel like you are gonna flip over head first. If you are tail heavy you will will end up head high. Adjust from there as needed.

Ended up deciding to get 2 used HP80s. That way if I'm doing 2 charters in a day or traveling regionally, I don't have to deal with rental AL80s.

Moving the tank UP yesterday seems to have helped my trim. Although with HP80s, it's not much as the tanks are short. Lower cam band is just above boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom