Getting tested on return to U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where was this? The email is nice as it makes advance check-in work well, but I like a hard copy just in case. I could have waited at the clinic, but I use one on 15th ave near a favorite restaurant and pick it up on the way back.
Sorry. Didn't realize until later this was the Cozumel forum. Please delete my two posts. Thanks

Be warned, hours say open until 6 so we showed up about 5:30-5:40 on our way to dinner and door was locked. Went into main hospital entrance and they walked us over and the lab tech was super nice and tested us really quick.

In Mexico, operating hours are often just a guideline not a rule. Whether it's an office, restaurant, store, etc. if they say 9am - 9pm, don't be surprised if they open at 10am or close at 8pm. Never rely on something being open shortly after opening time or shortly before closing time.

Do you mean 450 pesos? Mine was $30 USD for a rapid antigen test.

In Mexico, the "$" symbol denotes pesos. It isn't a universal "dollar sign". Some places will clarify USD or Mxn but since the exchange rate is roughly 20:1 it is usually apparent from the absolute number. You can also sometimes know based on who is using it.

Anyone know if these kits are approved by all airlines flying into the US from abroad?
I think you'd want to check your airline.

It's not an airline rule and I don't think it's up to the airlines.

It's not an airline rule and I don't think it's up to the airlines.
US government has delegated the reentry process to the USA to the airlines. They validate your test results and allow you to check in or not.

US government has delegated the reentry process to the USA to the airlines. They validate your test results and allow you to check in or not.

Their directive is to enforce US rules not create them or waive them. It's not up to the airline to decide what test is acceptable or not.

Back
Top Bottom