Gidds v. The Drysuit Round I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to hang it upside down by the feet while you're letting it stabilize. Most people either forget to wait 72 hours or they hang it like a wetsuit with the hanger through the neck seal- that's a lot of stress on the seams when they haven't fully cured!

Yes, thanks I was aware it had to be hung upside down. I'm not sure WHERE I am going to put it but I'll figure it out. Maybe it needs its own room. It certainly requires more care and feeding than all of my pets combined.

So what's the consensus? Is it coming USPS (like three or four people have told me) or UPS?

ARG! :mad: the mailman was just here and still no suit! I bet anything it's sitting down at the post office and they are being lazy about getting it where it needs to be, which is here NOW!

Alright BOYS haha very funny but I'm onto you now!:mad:
Never claimed to be a drysuit guru but if you wish to discuss the differences between acetylated and unacetylated histone proteins I'm your girl *big scowl just for emphasis*

Recommendation for trimming seals (should you need to) Don't use scissors. If you must, use the largest ones you have to get a nice clean cut. I bought from fabrics store one of those round cutting blade. Picture it as a mini pizza slicer (something you understand well from reading through some of this thread) Makes trimming much easier. Works awesome. If have a neoprene seals vs. latex, I stretch it out a bit by using beer bottle for arms and the neck seal around my steel 80 tank.. This avoids my having to cut the seals too much.

Do you have an undergarment for the suit?

--

Gidds:
Maybe it needs its own room. It certainly requires more care and feeding than all of my pets combined.

Never thought of drysuits as needing their own room... My booties have their own room, but that's just because I don't want to bring them into the rest of the house. My wetsuit lives their sometimes...especially in the peak season. I tried leaving my booties outside for a while but it wasn't fair to the local wildlife.

Edit: I am voting that they shipped UPS...sound it out, they don't call themselves "oops" for nothing. When they loose stuff consider it gone, I have dealt with them enough.

Gidds:
So what's the consensus? Is it coming USPS (like three or four people have told me) or UPS?
My Dive Tank experience has been US Postal Service after originating in B.C with whatever Canada calls their service.

From the site:
$9.95 Insured Shipping
For all North American orders, shipping is just $9.95 through insured USPS or Canada Post ground! Ground delivery time is 11-14 business days. **Drysuits & 7mm Cold water Wetsuit packages will have a $10.00 extra weight surcharge added for this method of S & H.

$19.95 Air* & Expedited Insured Shipping (includes insurance)
Drysuits & 7mm Cold water Wetsuit packages will have a $10.00 extra weight surcharge added for this method of S & H. Air delivery time is 6 - 7 business days in most states and provinces.
* via USPS and CPS. Air delivery time is 6 - 7 business days in most states and provinces. These promotional prices are only available until the end of the month.

Pete

I had it shipped priority which is supposed to be 4-5 days and was told it was coming from thier "main warehouse"

Maybe you should go out and do some drive-by mitten biffings to take you mind off the drysuit! Or maybe watch a pot of water on the stove.

Maybe they meant the Maine warehouse, which means they probably sent it by horse!

Thou shalt not make fun of Maine! *mitten biffing for do it easy* :mad:
Going to a hockey game instead of watching water boil thanks.

johnnyseko:
:D I take it you're going to the quarry? The winds are rippin' right now, gale warning, seas 4-7 feet....

Looking forward to tomorrow...checked the forecast-winds from the west @7kts in the morning...that sounds nice to me! Oooh maybe even snow! That'll be great!:D

YUP,, Quarry! Ed did a stress, rescue class, and I waddled in for a little dip. Water was a beautiful 45o, vis ....8' or so. Saw the biggest carp I have ever seen, had to be 5'. KOOL! And a really big bass. Then had some of the guys over and had pizza,, and BEERS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom