Gilboa Greet & Meet April 16 - 18, 2004 (consolidated/closed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frankenmuth_tom:
OK guys, time for the rubber to meet the road!

Who plans to attend the meeting at Gilboa on 16-18 April?

Would you like to participate in a Pot Luck on Saturday afternoon?
If you would, we would supply BRATS and BURGERS for a few dollar donation to cover the cost of meat and buns.

Is anyone interested in a SWAP and SHOP arrangement? I have Bob3 sending up a couple sets of Viking Dryglove systems for a very good price and some Smurf gloves too.

We are only two weeks away, and need to get a kind of a count.

The only people I am currently sure of is:
Me
Cldwdiver (coming with me)
gtxl1200
Amy
Amy's better half

The count is currently SIX.

Reply here, or send me a PM with questions and suggestions and I will post the list here from time to time.....

Many thanks, I look forward to meeting a lot of you.

:10:

Tom, I'm in. I assume the group w/ try to camp out down at the far end past the training dock....?

I'll likely show up late friday night. We'll see how the weathers looking - I might crash at a motel.

We got way to many threads now and who, what, and where, happening we need to talk to someone who runs the site and see if we can combine them some how. Any way this is a thread on what people are bringing here is my list this might help to figure out who is bringing what so we can find out what we still need.
1. Dive Gear Lots of it. I will have some extra stuff for people to use in case you need it.
2. 26ft 5th wheel with full slide out lots of room for those who might need it bring your own sleeping bag and pillow
3. Name Tags
4. 30 cup coffe pot
5. Small generator for power and recharge camper batteries if you bring a camper.
6. A dish or two to pass on Saturday night. Probably potatoe salad.
7. Various types of Soda pop and water.
8. I will be there early Friday the 16th.

I know Frankenmuth_tom is bringing
1.5th wheel
1. Lots of dive gear plus some items for sale
3. Beer, He will be taking donations for that
4. Some food, possibly chili or a stew of some kind might also be taking donations.
5. welcome to GLWC meet and greet sign
6. Will also be there early Friday
DiverBrian
1. Crock pot
2. What ever else he can squeeze into his mustang
3. Will also be there early Friday.
cldwaterdvr
1. food
2. Will also be there early Friday
amyj
doughnuts and some other food
volunteered to help out with some of the cooking.
Lisa4516
Dessert and maybe an appetizer.

So it looks like we have a lot of it covered. for those of you that I missed your post on what your bringing please post it here and for those of you that hasnt posted yet please do it here or give me a PM.so we can get an idea of what we are getting and still need.
I also saw in another thread about children I dont have a problem with children coming as I dont think most people do. I do know that there isnt much for non diving people and children to do at Gilboa. so you make the call.

I'm glad to see your participation. Started on the welcome signs this morning out in the barn. Will do the lettering tomorrow if things are dry enough. I'll post a photo of the welcome sign, so people know what to look for.

Good thing I have a three day weekend next week, I'm going to need it to get everything together. I haven't even started on getting the travel trailer ready to travel. Spent the whole day today either on or under a tractor, trying to get fields ready...shweew!

...have contacted me about the Spring Dive at Gilboa on April 15-17. Here's the list:

frankenmuth tom (me)
diverbrian
cldwdiver (dave)
gtxl1200 (ted)
mittendiver
frog
divemastertim
ber rabbit
one or two more
lisa4516
don
fishy8411
dwain
diver_paula
jjsteffen
plus
two
tinybubbles
netmage

That is the list so far, I look forward to seeing more names here and meeting more of the 'regulars' on the board.

count me in..i guess il be the only canuck there..think i can get some help with my drysuit anyone?i can bring a can of tim hortons coffee if you would like and my tuna salad..someone let me know if they can spare some time with me with my drysuit..

snuggle:
count me in..i guess il be the only canuck there..think i can get some help with my drysuit anyone?i can bring a can of tim hortons coffee if you would like and my tuna salad..someone let me know if they can spare some time with me with my drysuit..

Dont worry snuggle I'm bringing a Drysuit also and I have not used it yet. I know a few divers have been drysuit divers for years so we might be able to get some help from them. I have this awful image in my head of me with my fins sticking out of the water and my head facing towards the bottom.

snuggle:

Snuggle,

My buddy Dave (cldwdiver) has hundreds of dives in his drysuit, and I'm sure would be very happy to give you the help you need. I only have about 40 dives on mine, and don't consider myself any kind of an expert. What I learned about mine, I learned from Dave.

Come on down! Want the secret about crossing the border without waiting in line for hours at a time? Take the ferry that goes into Marine City, MI, across the river. No two hour waits at the border at Port Huron for me any more....

Look forward to seeing you, you make the 20th participant to our little get together.

netmage:
Tom, I'm in. I assume the group w/ try to camp out down at the far end past the training dock....?

I'll likely show up late friday night. We'll see how the weathers looking - I might crash at a motel.[/QUOTE

...but if you have your sleeping bag, I'm sure that gtxl1200 will have room in his big trailer for you to sleep. So far he and diverbrian have staked out places to sleep there. Actually, I have a sofa in my little trailer that doesn't have anyones flag on it yet, you can stay with us (cldwdiver and me) in my little 21' 5th wheel if you can stand Daves snoring...

Choice is yours, but you don't NEED to stay in a motel, unless you really want to.

...but after spending the day, ON or UNDER a tractor, I'm into my second glass of Oat Stout from my growler, and my mental processes are not at their normal exceptional condition.

But my back is feeling a LOT better too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom