Gilboa Quarry New Year's Day 2007 Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a phone call from Jody at Gilboa on Saturday (dec 30) night around 8pm asking me if my shop was aware Gilboa was having a New Years dive.

Thought that was putting off getting the word out to the last minute.

How cold was the water?

New Years Day Dive at the Adler Planetarium was a Mild 38 Degrees. : O Burrr !!!
Nice dive but I'de rather have gone with you folk to Gilboa. Im looking forward to starting off the Dive Season in the first week of March. See you all then.

Cherrio

Gerry

A Big 2007 Thank You to Julie and Eric, who braved the dark of night and the call of nature so that we could make a midnight dive on NYE! When we entered the water, it was 2006, the stars were out and the moon was almost full. The vis was good and the water was surprisingly warm at 45f, since I was expecting temps in the 30s.

The diving on NYD was fine too. I missed the premier since I was "watching it live" while I was underwater. I just did one dive that day with Hagen (sp?). Sorry I missed the rest of all ya'll out there- I was on a mission to get wet.

Jchoby:
I was showing between 41-43 degrees. It was not too bad. I think the wind was worse.

The wind was definitely worse - especially when the horizontal white stuff appeared. I logged a Blizzard dive.

skyking:
The wind was definitely worse - especially when the horizontal white stuff appeared. I logged a Blizzard dive.

Do we get a C-card for that?

Ken

Notso_Ken:
Do we get a C-card for that?

Ken

Sorry, it wasn't snowing hard enough to meet the standards :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Sorry, it wasn't snowing hard enough to meet the standards :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ohh, so just like there's Military Specification rain levels, there's scuba cert quality snow?????

Ken

Back
Top Bottom