Going to Roatan in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NHDiver25

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Everyone!

I am hoping to get some advice on choosing a resort destination in Roatan. I am going alone as all my dive buddies are not available.

I have taken a look at a couple of places that seem to fit my needs but interested to see if any of you have some advice. The two resorts in question are:

Fosters at West Bay
Los Rocas

Accomodations seem to be ok, but interested in what anyone else thinks.

How close are they to the West End?
How is the dive outfits they are associated with?
How is the weather in May?
Anything I should watch out for?

That is all to start, but I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks!

HI-
I was in Roatan last January and stayed at Fantasy Island. It was on the south east side. I heard the west side is expensive. It wasn't the Ritz but the beach was good, the dive staff was great and the rooms worked. All I ask for is running water and no roaches so give me that and I'm happy. The meals were all buffett, alot of seafood. Watch out for the monkeys. They'll eat the food right out of your mouth if you let them.

NH,

Can't speak to those two choices, but for a certain type of traveler the Sueno del Mar hotel, at the end of the road in West End, is a treat. They have their own dive shop and boats, you can do four boat dives a day plus some night dives. I even snorkeled from their beach all the way up to half moon bay.

Rooms are clean and neat. It's a small place, was eight rooms and if they've finished the addition they now have sixteen. You take your meals where you choose in West End, I liked the town's energy and contrasts and nightlife. Sueno's not a big operation, no frills, but good people. Met some divers there who were on their third vacation using them.

Sueno del Mar

-Bryan

PS. Welcome to SB!

Check out CoCo View Resort. Have stayed there the last two years and would reccomend it to anyone who wants to dive alot. The Prince Albert wreck is in their "front yard" and they have 24 hour shore diving as well as 4 dives a day off the boats(which have holes in the bottom for better access in rough seas). The food is buffet style but very good. Their is a PADI dive center on site and the dive staff is excellent. Have always gone with a large group, but a solo could blend in quite easily as everyone is so friendly. Check out their website at cocoviewresort.com.

Back
Top Bottom