"Gold Certification" cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat:
Whoa, my card is supposed to be gold? I was certified through a padi 5-star shop, and i got a pretty looking card with a dolphin on it. i had no clue they came in colours.

Then you got one of the commemorative cards. The "colored" cards are if you don't request one of the commemorative cards. Maybe they were out of gold cards, or maybe your instructor checked the dolphin card for you...but it really does NOT matter. It's an Open Water card...they all mean the same thing.

Walter:
Why would you care? It's the same certification and your training certainly is no different.
Thats certantly true, but Some people do care, have you ever seen different designs on Visa cards? ... same card isn't it ... so why care if they do offer a different color card?

DB

I'm a NAUI DiveMaster and my card came in gold.

KidK9:
I'm a NAUI DiveMaster and my card came in gold.

It came in gold? How much gold did they send you, or was it just colored gold.:D

I would have to guess that the Instructor card would come in platinum.

Gold, platinum, pink or a little dolphin like mine, it doesn't matter as long as the card gets you bottom time!

jwill62:
Gold, platinum, pink or a little dolphin like mine, it doesn't matter as long as the card gets you bottom time!

The training doesn't matter. It's how cool your card looks.

Robert Siverby:
Well... I believe that you will get a "gold certificate" if your dive center is a PADI 5-star Dive center. Otherwise, your certification card will be silver. The professional certification (Divemaster and beyond) are black. (Hope I'm right now....)

Unless its changed, Divemaster cards are issued in gold or silver depending on the facility.. Black DM cards do exist and were usually only issued when you were trained by PADI directly or by a mistake..

Instructor cards are black..

Back
Top Bottom