"Gold Certification" cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I had to look at all my C-Cards and they have the dolphin on the front and the writing is in Gold, however my Nitrox card has silver writing and the Divemaster Card is Black with 2 horizontal silver bars....
Now I am really confused...haha :)
Doesn't matter how many cards or what agency or what cert...All that matters is you dive, dive, dive...
K

We offer the less prestigious, but more practical "lead" OW card....useful for fine-tuning your bouyancy. :)

As others have stated, it doesn't signify anything special about the training, just that the shop has paid the required fee (to PADI) and agreed to follow certain other rules, but none of them really specific to the training. One can be a PADI instructor (as I am) without belonging to a PADI dive shop/center or whatever...basically a question of whether or not you want to pay extra to "call" your shop a PADI facility, and be listed in their magazine & so forth. Plus you get to use the secret PADI handshake with other members. OOPS! I've said too much. Never mind.

creamofwheat:
Whoa, my card is supposed to be gold? I was certified through a padi 5-star shop, and i got a pretty looking card with a dolphin on it. i had no clue they came in colours.

What color is the printing and emblem? :D

PADI Gold Palm resorts also offer a gold card with a reflective gold palm tree on them. Worthless bit of info for you!

but you'd think that with all the money PADI makes they can buy rights to use ANOTHER photo besides the dolphin for other cards????

or maybe one of their leaders can dive with a camera and take a picture maybe?

or steal something on the internet?

or ask ron jeremy for something from his collection??? ANYTHING!

i've got 3 PADI certs already (OW,AOW,RD) but i've got the same dolphin... and i have to PAY to get another design??? it's already booooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiingggggg

thank god it's just a card but a message to PADI: HELLO! CREATIVITY! (hell i don't care if diving is that boring in the PADI HQ, where i come from you can get 100 different pics in the 1st 10 feet of water)

Jag

I took my class through my LDS and my cert is written in crayon on notebook paper. I thought something was fishy when he asked for $499 and I had to go to his garage to do the training. He WAS creative in the fact that each of my other cards were written in different color crayons with little caricatures of dolphins, sharks, boats, etc... Will other shops accept my cards?:06:

I did my OW certification through a PADI "Gold Palm" dive op and my c-card is gold.

I guess the gold colour is appropriate being that just the referral dives and certification cost more than my entire course at my LDS. :D

Back
Top Bottom